Destin jetty/shore help? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing Reports
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Old 03-27-2018, 12:51 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Destin jetty/shore help?

I’m staying in Destin for the week, right near the East jetty. My son and I now got the skunk, two days in a row. We were fishing with Pomp rigs off of the East jetty, and not a single bite. I was casting till my arm was ready to fall off using a chrome rattle trap with blue back. I got one bite that shook loose before I could get it in.

I spent a week in Orange Beach at the same time last year, and we tore it up... reds, convicts, flounder, even a stingray. Not sure what I’m doing wrong here, but I want to get my sons (9 and 11) on some fish. Anyone care to share some pointers? I’m wondering if I should switch over to a Carolina rig with live or dead shrimp, just to get something....

Any help is appreciated. Tight lines!
mruta1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2018, 03:22 PM   #2
Snapper

Type of bait can make a huge difference. Fresh peeled shrip is what I use. There are some new man made baits that people like using. Maybe someone will speak up that knows what it's called. I caught most of my fish on the beach side of the jetty or out towards the marker. Bite used to stop around 10am most mornings and pick back up about an hour before sunset.
Eglinhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2018, 03:24 PM   #3
White Marlin

Fresh peeled shrimp and Fish Bites.
NKlamerus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in