Destin Crystal Beach 9-28-2008 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing Reports

Old 09-28-2008, 10:02 PM   #1
Snapper

Default Destin Crystal Beach 9-28-2008

Went down to the beach this morning around sunrise, put out 2 rods with freshshrimp from Sexton's (Kinda expensive now, lowest is $5.95/lb with heads on). No bites at all and something kept getting my bait. Seas were pretty much calm, no surf much.

Tried raking for some fleas, there are some small isolated ones where the waves break and wash up on the sand. Did see one colony, made up of mostly females with eggs.

They really didn't help any, not even a bite on them either. Ended up letting them all free. It was real calm, another fellow was fishing just east of me, didnt see him get anything either.

Neighbor got a Whiting yesterday and I got one last week, that is about it.

Have heard everyone is catching Pompano on the pier and in Pensacolabut nothing in Crystal Beach yet. Anyone else having any luck?
Sailor50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Default RE: Destin Crystal Beach 9-28-2008

Neat tides usually aren't good for fishing. Never had much luck with them. No water moving-no bait moving-no fish moving. Next weekend should be SUPER though. Go for it then. Good Luck.
jacko'fishes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2008, 11:53 PM   #3
Sailfish

Sailor cool pix.s

we burned a few hrs out the pass..nothing look for pompano and some flatties south of Pickens . nothing...saw big schools of Jack Cravelle, and what i think was spade fish....but they woulnd't bite....tried spoons, gotchas, diff..jigs...nada.. !!!! Hopefully the tides will fix itself in the coming days... I see the fleas are still thick out there. Thanks for the report..gives me more insight into these 4 tide deals.
Fishermon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
Sailfish

Don't feel bad, all I've rounded up lately was a Red down in Grayton. I bet its those baby Jack's stealing your bait. The way I see if its them is I hold the rod when something is tapping it and "snatch"! Then I land one of those little guys if that's what is stealing it. Then I cut a couple of fillet strips on and out it goes again. Next time the line is usually slack and the Red is running the beach! JMO. Better luck next weekend forall of us!
Shiznik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2008, 12:08 AM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Sailor50 (9/28/2008)Went down to the beach this morning around sunrise, put out 2 rods with freshshrimp from Sexton's (Kinda expensive now, lowest is $5.95/lb with heads on). No bites at all and something kept getting my bait. Seas were pretty much calm, no surf much.

Tried raking for some fleas, there are some small isolated ones where the waves break and wash up on the sand. Did see one colony, made up of mostly females with eggs.

They really didn't help any, not even a bite on them either. Ended up letting them all free. It was real calm, another fellow was fishing just east of me, didnt see him get anything either.

Neighbor got a Whiting yesterday and I got one last week, that is about it.

Have heard everyone is catching Pompano on the pier and in Pensacolabut nothing in Crystal Beach yet. Anyone else having any luck?
Nice pics!, sounds just like what was happening to me 2 weeks ago in PCB. I think it was small jacks and crabs that kept stealing my bait.:banghead, Hope the the fishing get better for ya. Tight lines!
bigpopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in