AAR for Gulf Shores 11/6-11/9 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing Reports
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Old 11-10-2015, 03:14 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default AAR for Gulf Shores 11/6-11/9

Tough 4 day weekend of surf fishing. We rented a house in Gulf Shores right on the beach a few hundred yards from Little Lagoon Pass. Great location, was able to fish the surf as well as the lagoon. It was my son's first trip to the beach (he's 7 weeks old) and we wanted to get away for a bit before things go crazy with the holidays.

11/6 AM - fished from 1hr before dawn to about 9am. Got a nice slot red on a tsunami swimbait, lost him right at the beach. Caught a bunch of ladyfish and a needlefish.

11/6 PM - fished the surf until dark, nothing to show for it. Walked over to the lagoon bridge around 10pm and guys were pulling out croakers and a couple of small slot reds on dead shrimp. I threw some plastics and topwater (water was like glass except for the trout busting the surface) and didn't catch anything. Stayed out there past midnight.

11/7 AM - slept late and missed a run of pompano. Guys on the beach right out front of the house had a bunch of pompano and whiting. Spent the morning doing other stuff.

11/7 PM - weather got windy around 7pm, I hit the lagoon again, this time with some dead shrimp. Caught every single pinfish in the lagoon. Started pouring rain around 8:30 so I fished under the bridge to no better avail. Swimbait, popping cork, topwater, you name it...

11/8 AM - heavy rain finally stopped around 9am, I hit the beach with a bunch of shrimp and some pompano rigs. Surf was rough, took 5oz+ to hold bottom. Managed about 6-8 whiting with two pretty sizeable ones. I think one was a Southern and the other was an Atlantic as they looked very different. Finished out the morning with a big stingray - my first since starting to fish southern waters - and I made it out alive.

We were due to come home on the 9th, but with the weather being as nasty was it was, we decided to leave the afternoon of the 8th. About an hour before we left a water pipe broke in the rental house. I managed to get the water shut off and the property management guy rushed over to take care of everything else. Stuff happens!

While I was in town, stopped by to see my friend ChrisV at Sam's. Chris, as always, thanks for being the guy who takes care of all of us! Can't wait to head back down in a few months.
fishwitwiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in