Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

30 hours of sharking, what a bunch of BS

12K views 92 replies 23 participants last post by  fillet'o'fish 
#1 ·
We went out Friday night to try our luck at some Friday the 13th full moon sharking. We decided to hit our old faithfull spot at the Condos. After failing to catch any rays we were stuck using the lady fish and blues and a couple hi $ Bonita bought at HH. Between myself Belly Up and fillet O fish we put out 5 rods. I' can't remember the exact order they were caught in but I know John (FOF) landed a blacknose and a black tip and Phil (bellyup)put on a hell of a show with his 9/0 starting with a near backflip on the set and ending 1 1/2 hours later with a monster 400+lb 9' Bull Shark on the sand!!! After fishing all night and watching the sun rise it was time to go meet Pomp67 ,lady red and the famous Tyfishasauros at Location 2. We hauled the Yak and gear 1/2 mile down the beach and started hunting for bait. After many unsuccessful attempts at catching rays we only had limited bait so we only ran lady fish on the fishasauros 6/0. After our last trip and the shoe incident he stayed awake and watched carefully! After hours of getting burned by rays our brother BigWill shows up and starts looking for the occasional cobia we are seeing running the surf. I was napping and was woke up by some commotion and look down the beach to see Will all bowed up! As I make my down the beach I see John launch a snatch hook and by the time I get there they are both getting spooled by the same big southern ray. I grabbed the gaff and headed out into the gulf. They locked down there drags and pulled the beast into gaffing range and the first shot with the gaff made it so mad that it ran and snapped off John. After a few minutes will pulled it back in to about 30 yds from the beach and I was able to get close enough to get a good shot and I haul it to the beach. Soon after as I'm headed to the truck I hear yelling and turn around to Ty's 6/0 going off! We get the Fishasauros harnessed up and it's fight on! After a few good runs he's convinced that its not another pair of my shoes and after a trip down the beach he lands his very first shark a great looking close to 6' Blacktip. Soon after another big ray cruises by and by the time i grab the snatch rod it is heading out and i was lucky enough to nail it at about 60yds with a snatch hook. Now were exited and its time to break out the big guns! We make the mile hike and haul the 12/0 and 3 80 wides back and bait them up with nice fresh stingray. I had already deployed my bait and was watching Jonn head out to deploy when I noticed Will standing waist deep about 50 yds out on the first bar to johns right and that's when I saw the thrashing about 50 yds to the left of a huge fish with a huge sickled dorsal that is chasing spinner shark out of the water and then I start seeing multiple dorsals and big tails sticking out! That when they headed towards John! He quickly dropped the big chunk of bait and headed directly back to land! At this point we have bait in right under big schooling sharks and we are waiting not so patiently! After about an hour my Tiagara starts going off and after a good long run I burry the lever and head for the dunes! The Shark had the same idea and started ripping line out! After a couple great runs I could see the shark out past the surf and no sickle dorsal so I'm thinking big bull. And about 30 minutes later we land a close to 7' 2nd bad ass bull of the trip! As the sun was setting I redeployed the 80w and I was getting my line and drag squared away and as I'm chatting with my little buddyDustin the 80w goes off again! This time I yell at BigWill to get his girlfriend harnessed up! She takes the rod and starts brawling! Unfortunately something cut the mainline and it was fish off. A few minutes later we hear screaming and it's Ty's 6/0 singing away! This time it's all Ty as he flips the lever and heads for the dunes getting a solid hook up! About 20 mins later Ty lands his 2nd big blacktip of the trip!!! The first BS was great, it was Bull Sharks!!! The 2nd BS was not great, it was the stinky kind, it was Ty catching more sharks than me! Great weather! Great fishing! Even better company!!! UGLY

See less See more
#5 ·
Good stuff, don. Wish I could habe gone. Slowly getting over this cold. Should be good to go. Brother is coming is this week so if you guys wanna go, I'm down. Me and dan caught 20 rays last night. Got some good size ones too.

Pretty impressive for a 9/0.

Lol, love the title. You gotta show that kid up. Shark gods are looking down on you now for the shoe incident

#12 ·
Thanks! Unfortunately we did not have a tape to measure exact but the smaller one was over 200lbs and the big one took 5 big guys to drag out of the water and was easily twice as heavy as me putting it at anywhere from 440-500lbs. I think this would have been a tough shark to beat in the tourney if it happened this weekend. I will shoot you a call this week. UGLY.f

#30 ·
Hey ya'll. Thanks again for letting me be there...Mr. Don,John,Will,Phil, and especially my mom and dad!!! I like catching pomps with my dad, and I like catching reds with my mom.....But sharkin ROCKS !!!!!!! I can't wait to do it again...I wasn't even tired till it was time to go home haha...But I always tell my dad that when it's time to carry all the gear hah....

#33 ·
Well folks it's like this...First of all don't let my brother Joe kid ya...He's family so no invite needed plus he didn't share his pics haha gotcha.. Anyway here's my take on an an awesome day.

First off my little crew set up at daylight.Me ,mama,Ty and Dustin. Wasn't long my little man blew up some pomp...Oh yeah.. The young anglers tearing up the set.Ladyfish didn't have a chance.

Next off the big dogs rolled up..Rut Row...After a night of heavy brawling they was looking pretty beat down.Don,John,and Phil just wasn't ready to throw in the towel just yet. After some coaxing ( by that I mean Guilt trip) Don drags the blue beast down and deploys some lady on the 6/0. After soaking a bit it screams to life. Short powerful run and snap....game over..

Here comes Will with future angler and present all boy and sometimes mongrel ( the one, the only,) LUCAS.. After snatching up some ray...can it be ? They all wake up..Here come the big guns...Bait after bait is deployed..And the six sounds off again..This time no mercy!!! Ty is strapped in and ready to battle..Blacktip on the beach.

Soon after Don's bull blah blah blah ,back to ty lol. Just before dark ,yep the 6/0 again. Harness camera action. Second one on the beach.. I told this story again to say this...

Nothing can compare to the joy this dad has watching his son grow, and love fishing as much as me... Yes I realize I've lost him to the SHARK SIDE...but that's fine...just fish my man..To all my friends,brothers,including the ones that wasn't able to be there..thanks for being there for us..We love you all...Son you are my pride and joy!!! My beautiful wife and best friend...I love you both with all that I am...Neal..

Attachments

#36 ·
Nothing can compare to the joy this dad has watching his son grow, and love fishing as much as me... Yes I realize I've lost him to the SHARK SIDE...but that's fine...just fish my man..To all my friends,brothers,including the ones that wasn't able to be there..thanks for being there for us..We love you all...Son you are my pride and joy!!! My beautiful wife and best friend...I love you both with all that I am...Neal..
You da Man, Neal! See ya this weekend!

#41 ·
Ok guys I'm not gonna make this a long one I think the guys pretty much summed it up! Are There ANY LADY ANGLERS OUT THERE I feel so alone haha??? LOL Thank you guys for coming out and showing my young man a great time, he had a blast, I'm glad I was there to have the chance to capture the pictures and wonderful memories, not only have the guys made some great friends, I have gained some brothers also so with that said, hope to see y'all again soon :) Oh and we really miss you TOM and CARRIE and EVIE!!! So hurry up so you guys can join us!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.