Is it worth surf fishing on days with a full moon - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing - General Q & A
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tiger297
Unread 04-14-2019, 07:43 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Is it worth surf fishing on days with a full moon

So, I have heard that its pointless to try and surf fish during the day prior to the full moon through the day after. I was told that all the pompano will be at the jetties on these days. Im wanting to take my Fiance's little brother and his friend fishing for the first time next weekend. They have no clue what they are doing with a pole and I figured starting on the beach would be easiest. No places to get hung. I was hoping that we could load the cooler with some pompano off the beach. However, I would hate not catching anything on their first time fishing. Btw we are fishing in Destin.

So, What do yall think? Should I try to the beach anyways?
radcon91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2019, 01:15 PM   #2
Trigger

in my opinion if the choice is go fishing or dont go fishing the answer is always go fishing.

Of course I'm not a local so I have to fish when I can fish...
radcon91 likes this.
tiger297 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2019, 09:30 AM   #3
Trigger

How old is the little brother?

Best part of surf fishing with kids is if it is slow they can find plenty to do on the beach.

I bring a metal colander and have them hunt for surf fleas and an ultra-light rod with a 1/16 oz kastmaster silver spoon and my son has a blast pulling in the smaller fish.
tiger297 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-16-2019, 02:08 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger297 View Post
How old is the little brother?

Best part of surf fishing with kids is if it is slow they can find plenty to do on the beach.

I bring a metal colander and have them hunt for surf fleas and an ultra-light rod with a 1/16 oz kastmaster silver spoon and my son has a blast pulling in the smaller fish.
Hes 16. But you make a great point. I bet I can keep him busy looking for fleas and throwing that spoon.
Good idea! thank you
radcon91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in