tides and solunar tables - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing - General Q & A

Old 12-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Grouper

Default tides and solunar tables

since I moved to the gulf coast six years ago I never paid much attention to tides or moon phases. I just go when I have time, I really enjoy dawn patrol, and late afternoon.

I put a pensacola tide and fishing times on my favorites and have been timing my fishing around their predictions. I've been gettin skunked more often than not. Have any of you had succses using tides and solunar tables?
jcallaham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Default Pensacola Tides Forecast

tides forecast for Pensacola represent BAY.. with a filling time approx 1hr 21min LATER than those on the GULF..

You are late for the party..

try this
http://www.tides4fishing.com/us/flor...t-coast/destin
Rick Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
Sailfish

Default Tide and Solunar Tables

QUOTE:Tide tables and solunar tables for sport fishers in Destin. Find out the forecast for high tides and low tides before setting out to fish, and other fishing-related data such as the lunar phase, tidal coefficient, sun and moon rising and setting times, hours of maximum fish activity, weather conditions in Destin ...UNQUOTE

All this info? I've done less figuring preparing for a combat bombing mission.

I just go fishing when the urge hits me. If the fish are there, and feeding, I'm OK. If not; another day unwasted. C2
Charlie2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 05:38 AM   #4
Grouper

Default Hey RICK SHAW

that's the one I've got . 600am to 800am today. guess Iam going to bundle up and do dawn patrol.
you wanna go Charlie?
Old 12-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #5
Sailfish

Default Fishing the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcallaham View Post
that's the one I've got . 600am to 800am today. guess Iam going to bundle up and do dawn patrol.
you wanna go Charlie?
I didn't see your post until too late. I'll have to take a rain check. Sorry.

Let us hear how you did? C2
Old 12-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

Default tidal effect on fishing productivity

All this info? I've done less figuring preparing for a combat bombing mission.

I just go fishing when the urge hits me. If the fish are there, and feeding, I'm OK. If not; another day unwasted. C2

Charlie2.. this is why you are a Grouper and I am a Ruby Red Lip..

I got a lot to learn I guess... who needs information.. just move to the beach and tend the rod..
Rick Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
Grouper

fished from dawn till 8.00 am,nice sunrise, freezing cold north wind, almost calm surf,lot's of bird activity about 1/4 mile out,really amazing dive bombers,looked like some sort of duck. moved my rods 3 times into different looking water, long casts, medium and short casts, all the same result,nothing.
So I think I can answer my own question here. that is solunar tables can be useful as they do predict active feeding times as as evidenced by all the bird activity,but as they relate to surf fishing they are only part of the equation, I belive water temps and wave conditions are important as well as other things I haven't learned about yet.
For me surf fishing is still a matter of luck,I put bait on a hook, throw it out there and hope something grabs it. But really that is surf fishing, maybe I spend to much time watching TV fishing shows and reading about all the fish others catch.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #8
Grouper

are you touching your bait with your thumbs? If you do so, they will not bite it in the surf. That could be the problem.
osborne311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #9
Sailfish

Default Solunar Tables

Remember!

If the fish are there and feeding, you will catch fish! If they aren't; you'll get skunked! - Charlie2

You may as well be watching one of those fishing shows where the 'experts' catch a fish on every cast. Believe me; it doesn't happen that way all of the time. Some times the film crew gets a boat ride with no pictures. The 'experts' won't talk about it.

I firmly believe that if you fish at daylight and sundown, you will catch fish more often. Another factor is current; no current. ; no fish.

Fish the tides because tide = current. There are other factors affecting current, but tide = current = fish.

Learn the fish migration patterns.

After all this: I watch the Pompano Tree. When the leaves fall off in the Fall, the Pomano are going South. When the leaves come out in the Spring; the Spring migration happens. Very Scientific. C2
Old 12-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
Sailfish

Wow! Rick Shaw and Charlie2 on the same thread. There's just got to be some Pompano around here somewhere!

I'm changing my name to Black Drum Joe!

Pompano Joe

"I fish and talk about Jesus"

Check out my reel repair & custom shop on Facebook @ Pompano Joe's Reel Works
Pompano Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in