surf how to ? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing - General Q & A

Old 02-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
Mingo

Default surf how to ?

I have naver been succesful with fishing off the beach. i have the right equiptment but not sure about rigs and bait and locating can someone help and what will e a good day this week from monday to thursday?
jeff912 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
I pegged my fishometer
Grouper

first, get some beer . . .
Johnms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

look at the link how to read the surf! Just because you have the gear you still need to find the fish friend. I'm not being sarcastic but the reading water post above is a sticky I believe its somehting you need to know to be really successful!
gribble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
OSOK
Blue Marlin

Monday and Wed look good, try some fresh peeled shrimp as bait. For rigs, ask the local bait shop where you get your shrimp, they will point you in the right direction.

One Shot Fishing Charters, LLC.
Destin and Pensacola Deep Sea Fishing
www.oneshotcharters.com
https://www.facebook.com/OneShotFishingCharters
850-585-9436
sniperpeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
Mingo

Where are you fishing at? It does require a little bit different techniques and rigs for different places and fish your targeting. Right now there are whiting close in between the first sandbar and the beach and pomps, reds, blackdrum are pretty thick if you can get past that first sandbar and into a good rut. Look at some bottom rigs, my favorites for surf fishing are a drop rig for smaller species, carolina rig if its not too rough, or a fish finder if you want to really lobb it out there. (aka a drum rig) Fresh dead shrimp, ghost shrimp, and sandfleas are great go to surf baits for good food fish. (Live shrimp too once the specs move back in.) For some of the bigger stuff, some fresh cut bait or small live croakers or pinfish catch fish. I'm on the fish whenever I get a chance schedule.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #6
Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofer View Post
Where are you fishing at? It does require a little bit different techniques and rigs for different places and fish your targeting. Right now there are whiting close in between the first sandbar and the beach and pomps, reds, blackdrum are pretty thick if you can get past that first sandbar and into a good rut. Look at some bottom rigs, my favorites for surf fishing are a drop rig for smaller species, carolina rig if its not too rough, or a fish finder if you want to really lobb it out there. (aka a drum rig) Fresh dead shrimp, ghost shrimp, and sandfleas are great go to surf baits for good food fish. (Live shrimp too once the specs move back in.) For some of the bigger stuff, some fresh cut bait or small live croakers or pinfish catch fish. I'm on the fish whenever I get a chance schedule.

great post!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in