Surf Fishing Pointers - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing - General Q & A

Old 09-24-2014, 09:10 AM   #1
Mingo

Default Surf Fishing Pointers

Hey guys,
I have fished the Destin beaches for years with some success on vacation trips. This year for the first time have been doing a lot of reading on this and other forums for the best bait, times, tides, etc. I have also fished Okaloosa Island Pier with Gotcha's, Bubble Rigs and Silver Spoons quite a bit. My family and I will be staying in Destin so I'll be doing the typical "crack of dawn surf fishing" with popping corks/sand fleas, shrimp, etc. and some artificial lures.

I have also fished quite a bit in past years of the East Jetty at the bridge but never below the bridge and by the Coast Guard Station. I had always heard to fish the incoming tide by the bridge but have read recently the outgoing tide is actually better.

Can any of you guys toss out a few pointers to an old country trout/bass fisherman from Tennessee? Headed your way next weekend and I'm fired up to catch me some saltwater fish.

Thanks for your input and I really have enjoyed this forum, it's great.
TN-Trout Head is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2014, 09:29 AM   #2
Grouper

https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com...ad-surf-65252/ is where i'd start. being in the right place makes all the difference.
J0nesi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
Mingo

Thanks Jones, I had read that piece on How To Read The Surf already and it is a great reference.

Question is, based on your past experience do you prefer (1) to fish the incoming tides if you are working the pass by the bridge or (2) the outgoing tides. I had always heard fishing the incoming tide was best but read another post on here that said outgoing was better...?

Since many of you live and fish in the panhandle area often figured you could weigh in with your opinions.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.
TN-Trout Head is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2014, 12:07 PM   #4
Grouper

i fish both, as long as its moving.
J0nesi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in