surf fishing in destin - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing - General Q & A

Old 07-23-2015, 02:26 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default surf fishing in destin

I will be coming to destin in a few weeks. I have surf rods, just wondering how the surf fishing is there? Also any tips or suggestions on baits, lines, rigs, etc. I am also open to any fishing from the bank thst can be productive. I am really not concerned with species or size just tight lines. I woukd also be up for joining anyone with experiece. I'm coming from 10 hours away so you don't have to worry about me on your secret hole the next weekend. thanks in advance!!
Bradfooshee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2015, 03:05 PM   #2
Blowhard extrordinair
Sailfish

I've only been to Destin once, so don't take this as gospel, but I would have to fish the pass if I was staying down there. It just looks like it would be teaming with anything, and the water is a lot deeper than you are going to hit off the beach. There's a nice deep spot on the west side of the pass that looks good on the map. If it's legal and you have the juevos to walk down the jetty I would have to throw some baits in those holes. They just look like they've got all sorts of fun in them.

I'm not from there and have only fished it about 30 minutes with my son, so I'm sure you'll get some better advice.
Attached Thumbnails
surf fishing in destin-destin-pass-jpg  
Old 07-23-2015, 04:45 PM   #3
Trigger

I was down there last year around August 5th & caught about 8 pomps (All 8" or so) A bunch of whiting & Lady fish. Used sand fleas, Pink Fish Bites, & small frozen shrimp.
Fished about 600 yards East of the jetties.

Good Luck.
Michael f sights is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2015, 01:16 PM   #4
Cigar Minnow

thanks for the help
Old 07-30-2015, 04:38 PM   #5
Snapper

No. No. Don't go there. There ain't no fish and its a long hot walk. Go somewhere else.

O.K. Yeah. The bridge and pass is a good place to just catch fish. If you fish the bridge go under the bridge to the north side. The area of the bridge you can see from the parking lot is full of snags and debris.

To fish the pass walk down to at least the little point before the rocks.

Be ready. Don't lay your pole down. It could end up surfing away pulled by something rather large.

Like anywhere else. Some days its real productive and some days the fish are on vacation also.

If you see a handsome fat guy with a beach cart and sitting in his blue chair mumbling to himself, stop and say hi.
SteveCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2015, 04:45 PM   #6
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradfooshee View Post
I will be coming to destin in a few weeks. I have surf rods, just wondering how the surf fishing is there? Also any tips or suggestions on baits, lines, rigs, etc. I am also open to any fishing from the bank thst can be productive. I am really not concerned with species or size just tight lines. I woukd also be up for joining anyone with experiece. I'm coming from 10 hours away so you don't have to worry about me on your secret hole the next weekend. thanks in advance!!
Where will you be staying? I surf fish as much as I can. But not in high heat. Be glad to have company. I fish different places so can give a little insight but am by no means an expert. I just like to spend my valuable retirement time on the beach.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:12 AM   #7
Cigar Minnow

I am staying at the Sundestin. Maybe we can get together and you can educate this ol freshwater guy on some salt!!
Old 07-31-2015, 03:13 PM   #8
Snapper

O.K. I'll see if I can PM you in a little bit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in