St Joseph Peninsula - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing - General Q & A

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By welldoya

Old 12-04-2019, 01:02 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default St Joseph Peninsula

Looking to possibly head down on a vacation in late april to early may. the peninsula seems to be the closest thing i can find in the panhandle area, to what i'm used to, and look for in a beach vacation. will pompano be in the surf by then? also, any tips for an OBX guy in new water would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

tight lines!!

Last edited by CALO_NC; 12-04-2019 at 01:16 PM.
CALO_NC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2019, 02:51 PM   #2
Grand Slam

Generally mid-March to mid-May are the best times for pomps with April being prime-time.
But sometimes it starts a little earlier and goes a little later.
The area got messed up by Hurricane Michael. I would make some calls before you go and make sure the facilities that you are planning to use are still there.
CALO_NC likes this.

Last edited by welldoya; 12-04-2019 at 02:53 PM.
welldoya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2019, 11:57 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

Haven't made any plans yet. Just doing my fishing research before i try and make the sales pitch to the wife. Might even try camping for a night if i can talk her into it. This will be my first trip to the panhandle area. I've done a little research and i know that michael cut the peninsula by the boat ramp. I hope that they have that fixed by then, but might take a kayak. that way i could scoot across the inlet and maybe have miles of beach to myself. What else will be in the water at that time. I've read about red and black drum and trout (specs?) in the bay. what time of year does that get hot and can you wade the grass flats, or would that be better in a kayak? Also, i assume there is no driving on the beach in the state park, if a connection/bridge is built? How far does the road/trail allow you to drive? Is there a pronounced bar along the beach? Not directing all these question at you. Just want to see if anyone has any more insight. Thanks for the response!
CALO_NC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2019, 10:52 AM   #4
Grouper

The stump hole is always good for all your target species.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in