I got a line and you got a pole, meet ya down yonder at the fishin hole... - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing - General Q & A

Old 03-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
Trigger

Default I got a line and you got a pole, meet ya down yonder at the fishin hole...

Hello! This is my first post and didn't see an introduction section so I apologize if this is the wrong place to put this. I went to high school on Pensacola beach pier back in the late 70's. Shark fished with the old schoolers - Elmo Horine, the Stewart Brothers, Mike Cavalier, Richard Baggs, Paul and Eddie Harvey, John Hawkins, Mike Louie (just to drop a few names). Got married and went to an alternate universe for 30 years - now back and looking to re-kindle that old fire, sharkin' off the local beaches with the finest crazy people on the planet.
Got a brand new 9/0 with 3/4 mile of 100 lb braid and am chomping at the bit to go shark fishing- but I have no yak yet. I'd be most humbly grateful to anyone who could stand some company on a beach trip during the week anywhere from fort pickens to perdido pass that can paddle a bait out - hell, I'll even do the paddling. I'll bring my own bait and maybe tell a story or two and I promise not to talk politics or religion or whine if it's a little cold or spend the night texting the old lady. If you're new to sharkin I know a little bit about it and can maybe give you a tip or two. Can't go on the weekends because that's when I work but monday through thursday I'm locked and loaded. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Sharknut; 03-17-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #2
Grouper

welcome sharknut to pff. im pretty new to shark fishing and so far have only been able to land small ones.(had two long fights but they got off) i got a yak and don't mind paddling. me and my buddy might possibly be out there wednesday the 20th. now were not any of those old timers and we got awhile before we will be, but the company wouldnt be minded.we'll be on pensacola beach. not sure exactly where but if you"re up to it i'll let you know. good luck.
foreverfishing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
Trigger

I'd love to go. Checked the weather and it's calling for a post front ne wind so it should be calm water and a little nipply but I don't mind the cool. Definitely up to it. Thanks!

Old 03-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #4
Grouper

ok cool. we"ll be at the parking lot just east of chicken bone beach. we'll probably get there around noon. due to school i have to leave by 4 am on thursday.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #5
Trigger

Looking forward to it - I'll be in a dark blue ford windstar mini van. See you there!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:25 AM   #6
Grouper

gold chevy. my names matt.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:33 AM   #7
Trigger

Glad to meet you Matt - my names Dave. I'm going to hit bob sikes tomorrow night - try and pick up a couple cownose rays. Was out there a few nights ago and they were all over the place.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:41 AM   #8
Grouper

ok. we saw them on the surf the other day and casted towards them but they would just check out the bait and swim off. good luck.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:56 AM   #9
Trigger

They were eating like hungry hungry hippos to the point where it was bumming guys out so hopefully (if I don't get rained out) they'll still be there. If not there's always Joe Patti's. Thanks again and I'll see you wednesday
Old 03-18-2013, 01:23 AM   #10
Trigger

On second thought, there's no better time than the present. I'm going to head out there now and see what I can pick up. I'll let you know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in