How much did that steer weigh? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing - General Q & A

Old 10-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #1
Helo Driver
Mingo

Default How much did that steer weigh?

I was over in Venice this past Monday chasing the shrimp boats around and I hooked up with what we thought was a big tuna at the time. 45 minutes later up comes about a 7.5 to 8 foot bull shark. We measured him rough against the side of the boat and then cut him loose. He thoroughly kicked my ass as I was fighting him on a 50W stand-up outfit. My question to the more experienced shark fishers on here is what would a bull shark in that range weigh? I figured in the 250 lb range, but I'm sure Ugly, Low Pro, Mogan Man and some of the other beach sharkers would have a better idea?! Funny thing was that the rest of the guys on the boat were pissed that it wasn't a tuna, and I was too a little at first, but after I saw that monster come to the surface I was pretty pumped at having caught him! Guess it's all perspective and man, I wouldn't ever want one of those things after me. The way he was looking up at us, you could see it was pissed!!! Soaked the boat with it's tail when we cut him off, a final F U to all of us for interupting his morning feed.
JerseyDevil13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #2
The Tourist
Sailfish

male? 200- 250. female, 275-300.

depends really.
lowprofile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
Helo Driver
Mingo

Pretty sure it was a female, I didn't see any claspers on him, her, whatever. I think I'll call it 250 and leave it at that. Still my biggest shark to date, I just wish I hadn't been so smoked by the fight and remembered to get a picture before they cut it off.
JerseyDevil13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in