help with surf fishing - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing - General Q & A

Old 02-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default help with surf fishing

ok, i have never been surf fishing and want to try it out i have two surf rods bout 10ft i think but i done seen alot on what bait to use, but was wondering where i need to go to on pensacola beach area, and are there places that are off limits to fish, and maybe some where i could park kind of close to where i want to fish?
cottontop58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
PrettyAwesomeWhiteGuy
Sailfish

Hit up Fort Pickens! Great beach and never too crowded.
PAWGhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
Trigger

Read the thread on here about how to read the surf, it will help you know where to cast once you get to the beach. Literally millions of fish move up and down the beaches so just pick a spot close to you. They don't stay in one place for long so there's always a little guess work involved as to where the fish will be. If you go out enough you will figure it out and start to catch fish. Some people swear by Ft. Pickens, some by Johnson's Beach, some by Chicken bone.... some don't brag about their spots at all on here. My favorite is Navarre beach. IMO, it really doesn't matter where you go your chances of catching fish are about the same around the general area. You can attempt to improve your chances by seeking out near shore structure but sometimes it's a long drive for nothing. Last fall I got the chance to cruise the surf in a Huey at 150 feet from Navarre to Panama City. Kept my eyes on the water most of the time. There were fish everywhere. Most were forward of the second sand bar, and they were all on the move. Individual schools were a little spread out and there were a variety of species. Most important thing is to find a spot on the beach with a good rut and be there when they come along. I've had some of my most successful fishing days when I randomly went out just to sit on the beach and relax.... with a line in the water of course. Good luck, welcome to a wonderful sport.
jasonh1903 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in