Baitfish tactic - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing - General Q & A

Old 05-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Baitfish tactic

I Hadnt Seen ThIs Mentioned Before, So I Thought Id Share As I Found ThIs Pretty Effective. (Btw, I Have No Idea Why Every First Letter Is Capitalized. Apparently That What It Does When I Post From My Phone. Sorry)

Anyway, The Other Night, I Was Fishing A Soft Plastic Minnow And Could Feel The Pinfish Hitting It. So, Just For Kicks, I Got Out My BaitFisH Pole And Rigged A Sz8 Hook Up With OneOf Those Little Mini TAil Grubs For Crappie They Sell At Walmart. I Rigged It Up With A Half Ounce Sliding Sinker And Caught A Bunch Of PInfish. So, The Next Day, Before My Trip To J's Beach, I Went To Catch Some For Cut Bait. I Was Getting A Lot If HiTs, But Mostly THEY WERE JUST TEARING OFF THE LITTLE TENTACLES ON THE GRUB. ONCE THE TENTACLES WERE GONE THEY WOULD LOSE INTEREST AND I HAD TO PUT ON A NEW ONE. FINALLY, I DECIDED TO RIG IT UP BACKWARDS SO THE TENTACLES WOULD FLARE AROUND THE LEADING END OF THE LURE AND THE HOOK WAS ON THE TRAILING END THEY WERE HITTING. I KILLED IT AND IN A FEW MINUTES, HAD ALMOST A DOZEN PINFISH IN THE BUCKET. ALSO CAUGHT A PIGFISH. ANYWAY, IF YOU WANT PINFISH FOR BAIT, THOSE LITTLE THINGS ARE CHEAP, PRETTY DURABLE WHEN RIGGED LIKE THAT, AND DEADLY IN WHITE, THOUGH FLUORESCENT YELLOW WORKS OCCASIONALLY TOO.
kebookman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
Sailfish

send me a pic of that lil deal, will ya? thks
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

I didnt have my gear on hand, so heres a quick drawing. Hope it gets the point across. Ill put up a photo when I get a chance.
kebookman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #4
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebookman View Post

I didnt have my gear on hand, so heres a quick drawing. Hope it gets the point across. Ill put up a photo when I get a chance.
That's a damn good drawing. Thanks for the tip!
GAjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 12:13 AM   #5
White Marlin

Dang good tip. Like the fact that you kept working through the problem and coming up with new answers. Can't tell if you are an engineer or an artist?
panhandleslim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 12:35 AM   #6
Grouper

Quote:
I Hadnt Seen ThIs Mentioned Before, So I Thought Id Share As I Found ThIs Pretty Effective. (Btw, I Have No Idea Why Every First Letter Is Capitalized. Apparently That What It Does When I Post From My Phone. Sorry)

Anyway, The Other Night, I Was Fishing A Soft Plastic Minnow And Could Feel The Pinfish Hitting It. So, Just For Kicks, I Got Out My BaitFisH Pole And Rigged A Sz8 Hook Up With OneOf Those Little Mini TAil Grubs For Crappie They Sell At Walmart. I Rigged It Up With A Half Ounce Sliding Sinker And Caught A Bunch Of PInfish. So, The Next Day, Before My Trip To J's Beach, I Went To Catch Some For Cut Bait. I Was Getting A Lot If HiTs, But Mostly THEY WERE JUST TEARING OFF THE LITTLE TENTACLES ON THE GRUB. ONCE THE TENTACLES WERE GONE THEY WOULD LOSE INTEREST AND I HAD TO PUT ON A NEW ONE. FINALLY, I DECIDED TO RIG IT UP BACKWARDS SO THE TENTACLES WOULD FLARE AROUND THE LEADING END OF THE LURE AND THE HOOK WAS ON THE TRAILING END THEY WERE HITTING. I KILLED IT AND IN A FEW MINUTES, HAD ALMOST A DOZEN PINFISH IN THE BUCKET. ALSO CAUGHT A PIGFISH. ANYWAY, IF YOU WANT PINFISH FOR BAIT, THOSE LITTLE THINGS ARE CHEAP, PRETTY DURABLE WHEN RIGGED LIKE THAT, AND DEADLY IN WHITE, THOUGH FLUORESCENT YELLOW WORKS OCCASIONALLY TOO.
Quote:

thank you for the great info
Lexcore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #7
Senior Yakker
White Marlin

"A quick drawing" lmao!!! That is a freakin awesome drawing! Proper shading and everything...

I don't think you need to put up a picture...the drawing is better.
Yakavelli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #8
Sailfish

kudos on the drawing, i wasnt expecting that! LOL thanks !
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
Grouper

honestly I thought that was a black and white picture first. awesome drawing.
foreverfishing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #10
Broke Yakin
Trigger

Never had a problem catching pinfish, but that sure is cool. You are a thorough fella.
BY Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in