April 1-5 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing - General Q & A

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By SurfFishingMeister
  • 1 Post By THE POMPANO KING
  • 1 Post By THE POMPANO KING

Old 03-25-2019, 02:13 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default April 1-5

How's next week look to you regulars? I see high-tide is in the evenings so around noon looks pretty good. Anyone care to report whats working right now from the beach?

I normally fish a pomp rig on a lighter pole close to shore, and then a small steel leader and a bit larger single rig thrown out further, any recomendations? I'll stop at Half Hitch on my way in and resupply.

Thanks!
Panthers65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2019, 11:27 PM   #2
Snapper

Buy local made pompano rigs if they have them at Half Hitch! I wouldn’t use steel Leader on the second rod just another pompano Rig. You’ll be hitting the surf when the pompano are running, try to capitalize on that! Search The Pompano King on the forum and watch YouTube videos on Pompano fishing. I’ve got some under Fish Gum on YouTube. Fish, FRESH peeled shrimp, FISHBITES shrimp flavor, and pair them together. I typically bring 3 different baits! Good Luck!
SurfFishingMeister is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2019, 12:15 AM   #3
VIP of the PFF
Grand Slam

It's going to be a kinda hit or miss week. I've been watching the weather forecast and see that we've got 3 or 4 nights of temperatures in the 40's coming again and that's not going to help any. We really need the water temperature to come up another 3 or 4 degrees, before the pompano bite will become consistent. I've only been once so far this spring and that was last week. I only had 2 bites all afternoon, both were pompano.....but both were short. Hopefully some warmer weather will come next week. Good luck !
Panthers65 likes this.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:33 AM   #4
Cigar Minnow

Thanks guys, going to be out there biting or not, just trying to up my chances some. I'm still working on reading the beach, not my strong point, but I've got a lot of time to try different distances/areas.

Fresh sandfleas vs frozen ones? Shrimp and Sandflea flavor Fishbites. Fresh shrimp. Anything else I should try? 1/0 circle with a double pompano rig and 2-3 oz weight. on 15# mono with a 15# fluro leader.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:52 PM   #5
VIP of the PFF
Grand Slam

Look for a thread called pompano tips in this section....it'll help.
Panthers65 likes this.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:05 PM   #6
Grouper

I don't know what the weather is looking like. But, my best friends aunt and uncle have been going down Fort Morgan road for the last week and they have worn out the whiting and caught about 6 keeper Pompano. They are using fresh dead shrimp. The get there as the sun is coming up.
dsar592 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2019, 08:07 AM   #7
Cigar Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE POMPANO KING View Post
Look for a thread called pompano tips in this section....it'll help.
Thanks Russ, I think my biggest lacking point is the reading the beach. Not only do I still struggle with it, but I've got 3 kids to watch after so moving more than 100 yards in either direction is going to be difficult unless I get up early and get back before they all get going.

Looking at trying a few hours one morning kayak fishing too. Haven't done any pier fishing yet either.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in