Wolf Bay report 8/19 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 08-20-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
Mingo

Default Wolf Bay report 8/19

8/19 Wolf BayGot to the boat launcharound 9:30 or so, takes a little longer when going by yourself so I got to my spot around 10:00. No moon and moving tide I thoughtI should do pretty well and I did. I was ready to try some of the new techniques and tackle that I saw at Outcast when the Flats Class guys did their seminar. Thanks to you guys at Outcast for getting them to show up. Well back to fishin, when I got to my spot th specks were popping and all of a sudden SWOOSH... I know for me that sound gets my blood pumpin. No doubt there isa trophy red at this dock. I already have my lures tied on whenleave the house so no time to waste. Black n chrome x-rap on the citica and rage tail chunk/jig on"old faithful" bantam coriolis.I have caught fish on the x-rap so it was first in the water and I caught a few small specks, not bad, but not whatI'm after.A few more casts and bam I got a good one start the fight and somehow he gets off. :banghead At this point i'm disgusted and change rods. I changeover to the new rage tail lure w/procure and it catches a couple. I'm about to head to another spot and giveit one last throw, and it couldn't have been a better cast. On the first twitch of the rod something picks it up. This is what I'm after, the drag is peelin and I'm tryin to get away from the pier. I manage to get him away from the pilings but he's not done. Its a few good runs before I get him close enough to worry about tryin to net him. This was a chore being by myself but I got er dun. "Old faithful" came through on more time.:bowdown It was 25 1/2" and probably 10lbs or better. After catching that fish I figured this light would be done for a while, and I needed to let my heart slow down, so I head to another hole and catch a few more small specks and one more keeper red 17". Its startin to get late so I head back to the first spot on the way back to the launch. Tryin another new lure a coffee tube, it also catches small specks and then something picks it up. Another nice red i'm sure, but i'll never know for sure he pulled enough drag to get in the pilings and break off. It always amazes me how powerful these fish can be for their size, and when u get a good one just hold on. I almost had my rod pulled out of my hand tryin to net the first one by myself. Well that was about it for the highlights of the night. ALOT of small specks, a couple small reds, oneBULL REDto make the night. TONS of fun. I'm gonna attempt to get the pics up with something in scene for a gauge.:takephoto definately dinner either way.:hungry

enjoy the pics and hope to get more of this action, maybe some keeper specks next time!
sunnh2o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #2
White Marlin

Default RE: Wolf Bay report 8/19

Very nice Reds

Scott

18' McKee Craft w/90 HP Honda
25.5 Grady White Sailfish W/ Twin 200 ETEC
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
Sailfish

nice reds.. i want em
User6882 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2009, 10:14 PM   #4
Mingo

Send a message via Yahoo to Saltfisher

nice job..but isnt the limit 18-27 inches for reds? correct me if im wrong..but watch out there, those tickets can be pretty bad.
Saltfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #5
Mingo

I'm pretty sure in AL its 16-26" and allowed 1 over. But I'll be sure to check on it. Would turn out to be expensive dinner if I had to pay a ticket.
sunnh2o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2009, 11:25 PM   #6
Mingo

Send a message via Yahoo to Saltfisher

oh my bad, i was thinking about florida laws
Saltfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in