Wednesday Night 10.29.08 3 Mile Bridge - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 10-30-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
Snapper

Default Wednesday Night 10.29.08 3 Mile Bridge

I got off work yesterday at 3, and decided to take advantage of the lull in the wind. I hit good ol' Wal-Mart for some tackle and had the boat loaded and ready by 4:15. I picked up my Dad, and my Brother and had the Boat at 17th by a little after 5. It was nice and calm on the ride out with the sun slowly sinking into the horizon. We took it slow, as we were looking for some live bait. Just when we were about to give up on the bait, we saw some movement on the top. Brendan tossed his 10 foot bait net and wala....a net full of baby needle fish....:banghead :banghead After that we decided that we would head on over and fish. Dad said that he wanted some small white trout to free line so I hooked up a jig head with a 3" nuclear chicken gulp shrimp on my 6 foot trout rod. After I had landed a couple of white trout, I feel a nibble, set the hook and ZIIIIINGGGGG....screaming drag....rod doubled over...the fish is running straight under the boat. I put one foot up on the side of my boat and reach out as far as I can to try to keep the line from rubbing. I swear the rod tip is actually pointed back at me it is almost making a perfect circle!!!! I gained a little and lost alot but my trout rod was no match for that fish and I finally lost him after about 10 minutes. Well after that I put away the little trout rod and brought out my Penn 4400ss. Maybe 5 minutes later, my drag is screaming again another hook up with the nuclear chicken. This time it was a smaller fish and a bigger rod, and I came out on top. It was a nice slot size fish

Next it was Dad who was on with a screaming drag. This fish was running like it was on fire, peeling thirty pound test off Dad's big Penn with the manual pick up like it was a toy Barbie reel. We hear the fish jump, so I pull out myQ beam and the next time he jumps we see a 5 foot tarpon in the air :clap :clap :clap He jumps about 10 more times and Dad fights him for 8 to 10 minutes before he finaly breaks him off with one last huge jump. He hooked the big boy free lining a 10 inch white trout. I didn't think the tarpon would still be around with this cold snap, but I guess they are passing through on the way back to south florida. Next I hooked up on something, that at first I thought was a small red but it was just a fat sail cat

I hooked this guy on a new penny jerk shad. Now Dad is hooked up again on another white trout. It was a good fight and he landed a 32 inch red.

Now it's Brendan in the hot seat with a red on the nuclear chicken. It's a nice 30 inch fish.

Now it gets interesting as we get a tripple hook up....man it was crazy...first it was Brendan again this time on a live white trout. It was pretty funny, He set the hook and the drag was just screaming, so Dad says Tighten your drag a little. Well Brendan was standing with his feet against the big fish box that was in the back of the boat, and right when he twisted that drag knob, that bull red decided to make a break for it. I swear Brendan almost went out of the boat, and I grabbed him by his sweat shirt and pulled him back up. As soon as Brendan had his feet on the ground I grabbed my big rod that had a live trout with a 1 ounce weight and started to reel it in to get it out of Brendan's way when....BAM....screaming drag and now we have two bull reds hooked up. Well we are yelling for Dad to get the net so he starts reeling in his rod with the nuclear chicken shrimp and...thats right....now we have three bulls hooked up at the same time....Talk about chaos...some how we all managed to stay away from one another and we landed all three of 'em!!!!!!!:clap :clap :clap here they are

This one was Dad's

Here is Brendan's I think this is the right pic? It got a little crazy so I'm not sure...

and here is mine this was largest fish of the night at 40 inches!!!!

Well the bulls were in thick at this point and we could see them swimming on top of the water around the boat, and when you were fighting one, twoor three others would follow them up to the top and swim around. Now it was my turn again this time with another nuclear chicken

Then it was Dad again.....

With another slot fish...look at all those spots...well it went on like this pretty much all night, we also caught a truck load of white trout, several small blue fish, and I even caught a 15 inch gag grouper....sorry no pic of the grouper it was caught at the same time as somebody was fighting a red and I just tossed it back with out getting a pic. I lost track of all the reds we caught and or lost but I know we landed at least 10 to 12 it was a blast and we would have stayed longer but that 'ol north wind started to pic up and it got a bit on the chilly side. If you guys and galsget a chance get out to the bridge at night you will have a great time.

Good luck and good fishing,

Glastronix
Glastronix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
White Marlin

Default RE: Wednesday Night 10.29.08 3 Mile Bridge

wow, nice fish and i like the last pic. that is a bunch of spots. oh thats a big ol sail cat too.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:06 PM   #3
White Marlin

Send a message via Yahoo to konz

Great report guys.
konz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
Trigger

Man Glastronix, I need to get back out there. Great pics and report. Esp all of those reds on Artificals. And trout. Mine are usually caught on live pinfish, but now I think I will try your way. One of these nights I hope to get out there. Maybe Friday or Sat night. See you out there.

Great report and pics.
Doogiesar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2008, 05:18 PM   #5
Blue Marlin

man! great pic's! great fish! :clap those are some pretty reds. they need to let us keep that one lunker.

nice sail cat too! them things eat real good.:hungry
nextstep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2008, 05:21 PM   #6
Sailfish

nice job glastron. great report and pics as well!! those big ones are alot of fun.
dailysaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #7
Snapper

Quote:
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl5_lblFullMessage>Man Glastronix, I need to get back out there. Great pics and report. Esp all of those reds on Artificals. And trout. Mine are usually caught on live pinfish, but now I think I will try your way. One of these nights I hope to get out there. Maybe Friday or Sat night. See you out there.
We normaly don't use the white trout for live bait, but since we couldn't find anything else we decided to give 'em a try. also I figured if that was all I could find then maybe that was all the red fish could find also. Either way they seemed to really love them.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:08 PM   #8
Grand Slam

Send a message via AIM to Tuna Man Send a message via MSN to Tuna Man Send a message via Yahoo to Tuna Man

Good :takephoto Good post, sounds like you guys had a heck of a good time.:clap

Tuna Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2008, 06:43 PM   #9
White Marlin

Oustanding report !!!!!!!!!! That last Red is pretty cool looking. Thanks for the report. clap:clap You the man when it comes to fishing the 3 mile bridge.:bowdown:bowdown

Scott

18' Carolina Skiff
25.5 Grady White Sailfish W/ Twin 200 ETEC
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2008, 08:19 PM   #10
Snapper

Quote:
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl10_lblFullMessage>Oustanding report !!!!!!!!!! That last Red is pretty cool looking. Thanks for the report. You the man when it comes to fishing the 3 mile bridge.

Scott

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl10_lblPostSignature><U></U>
Thanks for the compliment but the fishes did most of the work. Y'all get out there and get you some, they are thick in the bridge lights!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in