Solo again 4/4/09 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 04-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #1
Grouper

Default Solo again 4/4/09

Went out solo again. Brother had to work. I'm going to have to get his priorities straightened out. Left Bayou Chico at 6:30 am, water like glass. Bay had a slight ripple, sun was coming up,all looked good for a great day. Ran down to the pass to my favorite spot. Anchored up, tide was rolling out. Made a couple of cast with a minnow type swim bait and bang, nice spanish about 20 inches. Put it on ice and I heard a bell go off and the race was on. About a dozen boats seemed to converge on my little spot at the same time. I didn't even know where they came from. Three of them anchored up with in 10 feet of me. I could have swatted guys in two of the boats with my rod. So I did what every well tempered guy would do and complimented them on their well chosen spot to anchor and fish. I have taken my time and waited my turn at the boat ramp, gas pump,just about everywhere I go. But this was the first time I have ever had to wait my turn to cast. The boat of real nice guys beside me even had to put a bumper over the side so they wouldn't hurt my boat. So in a friendly conversation I asked why he anchored so close and he said he was a professional guide and providing fish for his clients was of the upmost importance since it was how he made his living. I wished him good luck fishing as he instructed his clients to cast passed me and let it set till they got a bite. well I can only take so much and pulled anchor and went to another spot. No fish after that and the wind started picking up pretty good so after such a relaxing morning on the water I called it a day about 10:00.

I think I will stick to fishing during the week. I understand everyone works during the week and only has the w/end to fish. I just never thought I meet so many CLOSE personal friends at one time in one place.

http://pensacolasharkfishing.com
Hired Hand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: Solo again 4/4/09

THAT IS LOW!!!! Any ideas of WHO the Professional was??? Boat/? Logo??
FishnLane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
Grouper

Yes I know who he is and karma will come around.

http://pensacolasharkfishing.com
Hired Hand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #4
Sailfish

Location: Ozark, Missouri - 6 miles from Bass Pro Shops' world headquarters; and the entire gulf coast area.

Come on Mark, out with it. I want to know that if I seeyourclose friendanchored down, or trolling, or anywhere on the water, I can mosey over and meet me a new close friend.:shedevil And, I'm sure there are other shy and lonely people on the PFF who would also love to get close to your new friend.
fishn4real is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #5
White Marlin

No offense, but if you're gonna fish in the pass...you better get used to that. That's just how it is out there on the weekends when there's a shit load of boats. If it's not your style, I'd find some other places to fish.
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

I would have turned on my stereo, put out a chum bucket, rigged up a nice snatch rig, called all my jet ski buddies, and began to make new friends the good old fashion way.
sandphlea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

HH, You would never survive in Boca Grande pass. Expect "Close Friends" when fishing well known "Spots" such as Pensacola Pass. :banghead
truth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #8
Ruby Red Lip

You are right I wouldn't. I was taught fishing edicate and there is no excuse for the crap that goes on, especially from a captain!

I have been fishing here all of my life. I have thrown pyramid sinkers at boat that got too close to the pier, I have seen people thrown off the pier, lines have been cut for casting over, and run over lines when parked too close. I am much older now and wouldn't do those things anymore, but maybe that's why these butt wipes do these things.

I will continue to do what I am doing now, fishing during the week and staying back country on the weekends to avoid these situations. Ya never now that old school way of dealing with pricks could come one day.:nonono
sandphlea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #9
Snapper

Yeah I don't care how popular the fishing spot is or how someone makes a living, its not right and these people that do this stuff better be ready for what they got coming to them cuz all it takes is pissing off the wrong person.
Team Bloody Waters is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

Take this how you want. Fishingetiquette is not throwing pyramid sinkers. Or giving someone what you think they deserve. If that is true about the captain then shame on him, but throwing sinkers and shouting at someone for getting close to a spot that you posted a report on the night before would just be ignorant. If you don't want company on your spot than don't tell everyone you caught 13 Reds there the day before. If you require lots of personal space when you fish stay on the flats or in the upper bays. The passes may be to much for you.
truth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in