Ski Beach @ NAS - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 07-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Ski Beach @ NAS

First post here. Hope to have many more in the future.

Fished with my bud (FY05CPO) and his two boys this morning on the incoming tide. We were catching ladyfish having a good time just catching and releasing but after the tide was dead high, the water got cooler and they stopped biting. Still enjoyed the time and even used my pop-r to see if any specks/reds (don't remember which one likes them better) were hungry along the edge. Had a ladyfish hookup on it, but it did the usual tail dance, double half-twist and tossed the hook. It was a great fight though on the flimsy rod.

Didn't catch anything else but a million threadfin in the cast net for chum and bait for next weekend's offshore trip. I also cast into a nice school of pinfish so they should produce some dinner too.

Tried posting a picture of my first ladyfish but internet explorer wasn't playing nice so I think it'll be a link on the bottom of the page. I'll add it in the post when I figure out what's up with it.

Overall, 10 landed and about 4 or 5 short strikes. The water was nice and clear and we cast out to the darker spots in the shallows using live pinfish and dead LY. Pinfish definitely were the feast of choice.
Attached Thumbnails
Ski Beach @ NAS-fishing-ski-beach-july-25-2009-005-jpg  
fy01CPO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: Ski Beach @ NAS

CPO, welcome to the forum. Good report, sounds like y'all had fun.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Mike aka FishWerks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in