sheephead - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 01-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default sheephead

I went out today under the I-10 Escambia bridge and caught 6 nice sheepshead.I was using live shrimp with a #6 hook.I found by ripping the head off,peeling,and cutting the shrimp in half seems to work thebest.It seems like they were ripping the whole shrimp right off the hook.If you have any good tips or tricks i would like to hear them.thanks and good luck to all
teamCRC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: sheephead

Braid helps too feel the bite..Where do you hook you shrimp?? It seems like you never have enough bait when they are biting but when they aren't you have way too much!
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2009, 12:44 AM   #3
Grouper

My buddy and I use fiddlers out there and usually kill it. Other than that, use the lightest tackle possible, and yeah, the braid will help too. Also, setting your weights close, like 3-5" from the bait helps.
Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2009, 06:17 PM   #4
Mingo

I sure am glad that somebody is catching them sheepies.
Tkiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2009, 07:48 PM   #5
Grouper

Quote:
teamCRC (1/14/2009)I went out today under the I-10 Escambia bridge and caught 6 nice sheepshead.I was using live shrimp with a #6 hook.I found by ripping the head off,peeling,and cutting the shrimp in half seems to work thebest.It seems like they were ripping the whole shrimp right off the hook.If you have any good tips or tricks i would like to hear them.thanks and good luck to all
Did you find any white trout undert there?
roofordie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #6
Snapper

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl5_lblFullMessage><DIV class=Quote>teamCRC (1/14/2009) <HR class=hr noShade SIZE=1>I went out today under the I-10 Escambia bridge and caught 6 nice sheepshead.I was using live shrimp with a #6 hook.I found by ripping the head off,peeling,and cutting the shrimp in half seems to work thebest.It seems like they were ripping the whole shrimp right off the hook.If you have any good tips or tricks i would like to hear them.thanks and good luck to all</DIV>

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl5_lblPostSignature>I life without fishing is one not worth living </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
If you are looking for white trout 3MB has what seems like an unlimited supply. Just get you some GULP (nuclear chicken has been good lately) and some 3/4 ounce jig heads and fill up a cooler.
Glastronix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
Grouper

Quote:
Glastronix (1/15/2009)
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl5_lblFullMessage><DIV class=Quote>teamCRC (1/14/2009) <HR class=hr noShade SIZE=1>I went out today under the I-10 Escambia bridge and caught 6 nice sheepshead.I was using live shrimp with a #6 hook.I found by ripping the head off,peeling,and cutting the shrimp in half seems to work thebest.It seems like they were ripping the whole shrimp right off the hook.If you have any good tips or tricks i would like to hear them.thanks and good luck to all</DIV>

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl5_lblPostSignature>I life without fishing is one not worth living </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yeah, I wish I had your luck with the bulls over there. All I ever catch at 3Mile is white trout on gulp with jig heads. I never really catch them around I-10, but then again, I'm not usually tossing any gulp around there, probably should try it.

If you are looking for white trout 3MB has what seems like an unlimited supply. Just get you some GULP (nuclear chicken has been good lately) and some 3/4 ounce jig heads and fill up a cooler.
Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 01:55 AM   #8
Cigar Minnow

no white trout but i heard they been catching them at the 3 mile bridge
teamCRC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #9
Grouper

Quote:
teamCRC (1/16/2009)no white trout but i heard they been catching them at the 3 mile bridge
hey thanks for replying. I dont feel like a trip out to three mile. I usually limit out on them when I go out there, but I am looking for some new spots to fish in the bay. Never used the nuclear chicken gulpos, but I am normally quite successful with the molting or natural shrimp
roofordie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2009, 04:20 PM   #10
Sailfish

Quote:
teamCRC (1/14/2009)I went out today under the I-10 Escambia bridge and caught 6 nice sheepshead.I was using live shrimp with a #6 hook.I found by ripping the head off,peeling,and cutting the shrimp in half seems to work thebest.It seems like they were ripping the whole shrimp right off the hook.If you have any good tips or tricks i would like to hear them.thanks and good luck to all

What part of the bridge are you finding them?
JoshH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in