School of Bulls Tues. - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 11-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #1
Mingo

Default School of Bulls Tues.

Left out of Chico Tues, the bay looked like a pond. While I was watching the Helo training in progress, the wife spots a school of something (thank god she was paying attention). I turned hard to port to circle back, and I came upon my first school of reds, big reds and what looked like hundreds of them breaking the surface. I got to within 50 yards of the torrent of water, and saw dozens passing along within inches of the boat. Lesson learned, be rigged up before you clear the channel. I grab the only pole somewhat ready. In my excitement, I did not realize the tip was under a chair. SNAP tip gone. I grab the next rod, it had a broken rig, but the main line was intact, and had a bare hook. The live shrimp made it in the water dropped right next to the boat, for about 2 seconds.4 bulls charged and one came away the winner. Just as my first bull comes boat side I put the grips to him and the line pops. Once again the wife saves with pics boat side at least. Will post pics later (disposable camera). Learned a lot yesterday, unfortunately the hard way. When its boat side slack the line, and BUY a NET. It did not help that the reel was spooled with Cajun Red, yes I know JUNK. Also caught my first gaftop, man he tried to glue himself to the bottom. Funny how each type of fish fights a different battle. Not bad for an hour and a half. Cleaned the boat and tucked it in at Rocky's for some trailer maintence, and apparently a bad tire, it just lost its shape.He said that was not common on goodyear. I got the itch bad now. See ya on the water, and thanks Twinkie for covering work.
Killin' Time is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2008, 11:31 AM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: School of Bulls Tues.

Great report thanks!! :clap
Death From Above is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in