Saturday Sound Report - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 10-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default Saturday Sound Report

<P align=center>I have edited so that maybe this post will die!

Now some fish'n fun......

My daughter was in from JAX, so about noonI picked her and my wife up and we had alittle fishing action......ended up with the Slam today, but no flounder pic...forgot!

I finally located a few reds, while catching mine,a fewmoreshowed up; I toldHolly tograb a rod and chuck a jig right at'em.....game on!!

2 reds together

and of course a few specs....be sure to watchout for the brood stock, they're spawning!!

this one was just under 3lbs...he made his way in between my motor and powerpole, thought I would lose him!

Hope eveyone had a fun day....Happy fishing!
SolarFlare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: Saturday Sound Report

Some people just shouldn't owna boat!!!

Great report.... sounds like a terrific day (intertainment included at no cost.):banghead
FishnLane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #3
White Marlin

Nice job. Seem to be holding pretty steady in the Sound. Looks like there is a user on the forum named southern approach.
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #4
Trigger

Your post/reports are always great. You sure know where the fish are -- I'd follow you too

Glad your family had a good day out there.
Lyin Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #5
Sailfish

Quote:
Bay Pirate (10/4/2008)I threw one past his bow about 20 yards, when the she-dog was 10 feet in front of him, I yelled over to him...."<U>I'm not in your way am I</U>?"...his reply, "<U>Oh no, you're fine</U>".....clap
Now thats funny! Gotta love those numb-nut fisherman oke
true-king is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #6
Grouper

"Went out Tuesday morning @ 0630 and headed across the bay for the docks at Old Navy Cove. Beautiful dead calm morning. Tried putting out some live shrimp under an Equalizer rig but the bait stealers were killing me. At around 0730 I was between 2 docks about 35-40 yards off the shore casting a topwater plug when some commotion at the shoreline caught my attention. I looked and saw a wall of water a few inches high, about 20-25 ft wide heading right for me. I didn't know what it was, mullet? Baitfish? A few seconds later the wall got to the boat, I looked down and saw the biggest school of redfish I have ever seen. Hundreds of reds! You couldn't see the bottom through the fish there were so many, and many of them were monsters. Well, the reel that I was using at the time was my trusty old Quantum Iron (freshwater rell I know, but I love that reel) that I bought about 18 or so years ago with 10-12# line on it but there was no time to get to my stout rigs so I turned and cast my 4" chug bug out in front of them. Just as soon as the plug hit the water it looked like a hand grenade went off in the water when one of the reds hit my plug. I set the hook and off he ran! He was pulling off line like it was nothing for a good 15-30 seconds before he got a little tired and I got him turned towards the boat. A few minutes later he was about 10 or so feet from the boat when I got a look at him. I estimated that he was between 40-50 inches and fat as a hog, the biggest redfish that I ever saw in person. Well, when he got close to the boat and I jumped down to the floor he got his second wind and there he went again, taking line with him. This time he kept going. Well, it seems that when I cast that light chug bug as hard as I could to get it in front of that school I had a little bird nest (which never do with that reel!). After running almost to the end of the docks my spool reached the bird nest and it was tangled! Well you know what comes next; the spool stopped spooling and I see my plug come shooting out of the water when the plug was yanked out of his mouth. I was pissed! I now get to tell the story about losing the biggest red I've ever seen instead of showing a pic of him. All was not lost though, the school didn't go far and was feeding just a short distance past the docks. Well, there were two other guys fishing out there on the other side of one of the docks and a little ways behind me. One of them hooked into one of those reds too. I saw his rod and it was bowed pretty good and I could tell he had a good fish. About that time his partner jumps into the driver's seat and cranks up. To make this long story longer, they chased that fish right through the school of reds. I heard one of them say, "uh oh, that guy is gonna be pissed, they are headed back out". The school was gone. I never looked to see if he landed the fish or not and they left within a few minutes. Smart of them."

This was my redfish story that I posted the other day. Well, these are the guys that chased the fish right through the that huge school of reds. Now I know who to look for.

C
FishnGator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #7
Trigger

That's why I try to fish on Friday... hate weekend fishing. We were fishing thetournament Sunday moring when a jet ski spun around and around in front of us for probably an hour churning upour drift...it's a wonder we caught anything. Well at least all caught somedecent fISHHHHHH MAN!!!!!!We hooked up the boat tonight and willprobably try the Port early AM... andmaybe flats later. Also, wehave been at thehospital every night for the past 2 weeks with the Paw-in -law....has the nasty "C" word... I think we need a short break!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Nice Pic Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
155SprtFsh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2008, 01:59 AM   #8
Grouper

BP, you always post really cool pix of the fish in the water..... :clap Great job on all of your redfish endeavors!

www.outdooralabama.com
Coryphaena is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2008, 09:53 AM   #9
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Coryphaena (10/4/2008)BP, you always post really cool pix of the fish in the water..... :clap Great job on all of your redfish endeavors!
You always seem to bring the drama to you also. These people must watch from a distance and say there he is lets go screw with him. A few days ago you had some numnuts mullet fishing screw with you and now this, Dangit.
Pinksnappertrapper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2008, 10:38 AM   #10
Sailfish

i like the white out on the pic. thats just awsome! the guy in the first picture is luke. nice guy in laws to whipper snapper. nice report and thanks for the cool pics.

bruce
dailysaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in