Saturday-may-24th HELL OF A DAY. - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 05-24-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Saturday-may-24th HELL OF A DAY.

So, Im up at 4:30am, getting all my things ready, poles in the boat, drinks, food etc. We get to the boat ramp at 5:30 and we launch the boatat Sherman cove, we were headed to pick up a secret stash of live bait we caught the night before and anchored in a 5gallon bucket we drilled holes in .

BLINK BLINK BLINK goes my gas light... what the..... Well it turns out someone syphoned about 50 gallons of gas out of the boat and left it bone dry.. "&**&^&$*&$^%^$^$&%*^&%#*& amp;^%R#^%R%$^" <--- My thoughts.

Needless to say, after loading up the boat and finding an open gas station on base, "which u can only use 75usd at a time". we made it out on the water..

First spot was the local inshore wreck we caught the slightly undersized grouper last week.. Nothing doing there Just a few tiny tiny grouper that Would go great in a saltwater aquarium.

Second spot, Near the NASP Pier. Caught One 15pound shark Not sure what kind but it looked more like a sandshark then anything else. It ate a juicy peace of squid.

Well we got brave and decided to head out to 3 barges.. the water was actually very slick once you got thru the pass, there were just really big rollers, with long intervals.

Fishing the bottom with live pinFish I managed to bring up a nice redfish at 29inches :boo

Now this is the only really good/funny part of my story, because I have also heard such stories and considered them BS until today. So I had a livebait just rigged on a hook/leader and Im trying to catch this damn barracuda just for some fun but he wasn't having any of it. So I stick the little guy in the rod holder and hang him over the side right next to the boat.

^^ I step to the back and decide to drain the lizzard when I look down to see a cobia inspecting my motor.. The damn fish gave me stage fright, so I zipped up and tossed him the live pinfish he snubbed his nose at it and continues to probe around the back of the boat. Finally he came over and decided to eat my little pinfish, I watched him get the entire thing in his mouth, I set the hook "circle hook" we fought for a few seconds and then he spit the hook at me.

Caught a few small very colorful looking snapper, has some yellow around his eyes and some blue. Saw some fish schooling on top of the water with fins sticking out almost like a carp But couldent see what they were "any ideas?"

3 small grouper, 1 shark, 1 redfish, almost a cobia! tally for the day, All and all it was really slow going, But a nice day on the water.

hope someone else had more luck then I did!~:moon
Immyz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: Saturday-may-24th HELL OF A DAY.

Might have been spadefish you were seeing. Big schools of them? Look like...

true-king is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

Yea ive seen a spadefish before, But We couldn't really see what they were today because of distance.. There was a pretty large congregation of them out there today!

However the fin sticking out of the water was very noticeable, could have been them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #4
Trigger

That sucks about the gas,were where you parked when you got your gas siphoned?
ppping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

I Live in an apartment complex out the back gate of the naval base. The boat is parked in the back corner, but its right under a street light who woulda thought..

Im almost tempted to hide a little camera in the electronics box and aim it right at the gas cap.. if they decide to screw up the boat the next time they want gas and cant get past the gas cap lock
Old 05-25-2008, 02:39 PM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

Posting random comments that show your insecurities on public boards must make you a big man.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:56 PM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

Watch your mouth DFA or there may be Death from a Squid!
BayStealth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2008, 10:53 PM   #8
Ruby Red Lip

Im not getting into a pissing contest with you on the forums. Check your pm'senjoy the read!

On a side note if you don't have anything positive to say then stay out of the thread? just a thought
Old 05-25-2008, 11:35 PM   #9
Grouper

Oh, boy, Have we had obstacles like that before!

What can ya do, ... But go Fishin' and just being on the water sort of puts things in perspective.

Left the boat home for later...

Went wading and got these.

todd in the bay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2008, 12:16 AM   #10
Grouper

well instead of catching specks and reds we cought hartails on the grass flats while filpper came up to us and said hey....and we went out to the uss mass. for kings..but no luck...wats the numbers dor the 3 barges???

TEAM "SUNDOWN"

KILL EM ALL!
sailfish23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in