Sat morning fun nap then sat night - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 04-06-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
Snapper

Default Sat morning fun nap then sat night

Had my friend Alton from Mobile over Saturday and we got to Dizzys at 6amto get live shrimp and the wind was gusting pretty good so we decided to find some protected water in bayou texar. Had hopes to get out to 3 mile.

Well we take off, I had a skitter walk and Alton ties on a popping cork, 3 1/2 - 4 ft floricarbon leader witha strike king zulu 1/4 jig head. I was not getting much attention on my top water the irst few cast and Alton throws his popping court and snatching the hell out of it, making a comotion and with in 2 -3 jerks he got hit but missed it. Throws again and

It was 22 inches but about 4.5-5 lbs. You can see how the fatsheisaround his hand. We have both caught many specks before but this one was FAT. I have caught 24 inch ones, half this weight so we were stoked to get her,then let hergo.

I still was not doing anything on top. Alton is still making hte biggest slashes I had ever seen but it was working

Another good fish prob 17-18inches.

I was getting smoked so I freeline some live shrimp and I was slammed, yeah a stud catfish :boo

Then I got 2 small specks and then one final bite

What we wanted but about 14 inches smaller lol. Nice spots but only about 12 inches.

At this point the wind was whipping us around and we both where tired. Went home around 10am. We rested and went back out aroud 4:30 and the wind was still blowing and blowing and blowing and blowing. Only got one small speck and called it a night around 7:30. Got up Sunday, debated and debated, then said I would try the beach pier. WOW guess what it was BLOWING HARD, but saw probably 15 pompano caught. There were people elbow to elbow in the bite area. Got tired of the wind and bailed. Had a blast with my buddy, wish the weather had been better we could have fish all weekend and probably would have.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
Trigger

Default RE: Sat morning fun nap then sat night

Nice spec and red. Glad you guys were able to find some water that wasn't on the spin cycle. We fished Sat. afternoon and got blown around pretty good to.

Nick
reefdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #3
Snapper

Now thats a fat speck nice catch.I went sat.morning and same thing got blown around more than anything but managed to get 2 reds one 25'' & 25 1/2 but the strange thing was a spanish about 20'' long hit my skitterwalk like a bullet i was toward deer point oh ya caught a few small specks released all fish.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
Snapper

Nice speck brother!!!!!!
Glastronix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
Sailfish

nice speck! thanks for putting her back :clap
dailysaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in