PLEASE HELP ME - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 07-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #1
Grouper

Default PLEASE HELP ME

Anyone who knows me knows that I wanted a boat for a very long time. One month ago that dream turned into a reality for me when I FINALLY (supporting three kids is expensive)had enough money saved up to by myself a little fishing boat. Ever since, that boat has been my little baby...I work on iut constantly, fixing it and customizing it to my preference. The kids were also so excited that now "fishing with dad" didnt mean paddling the canoe.

I was out last night fishing three mile with a buddy. Through his indescribable action, my boat became swamped. I turned on th bilge pump and began frantically bailing water with the bait bucket. It is such a smaal boat that I needed a ballist in front to keep the nose down. I directed my buddy to stay up there so no more water comes in. Another boat approached a few minutes later and my so called friend jumped ship, leaving the bow unattended. Immediatly the stern went under, filling the entire boat. I lost all of my poles, all my fishing tackle, everything.

My boatis now bobbing around just north of the 3 mile bridge. Sea Tow wants $2000.00 to pull the boat in, more than I paid for it. If anyone has a boat that can pull it in, I would be GREATLY appreciative.

The boat is fifteen feet long and 4-5 feet of the bow sticking out of the water, west of the channel on the north side

EMAIL- [email protected]
roofordie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
SaltWaterDave
Sailfish

Default RE: PLEASE HELP ME

That sucks man! I don't think my boat would be much use to your cause but good luck. I hope someone can help. Is it on bottom with the nose out? You may need some pumps. I wouldn't know where to begin.
naclh2oDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2009, 09:36 AM   #3
Grouper

Here is a picture of the boat
Attached Thumbnails
PLEASE HELP ME-boat-003-jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Don't know anything about recovery...I'm sure somone will chime in...That really sucks! Looks like a nice little boat...It's a sickening feeling---been there w/ an 18 ft bass boat

I'll take an educated guess at recovery.....possibly tow it to a launch, then use a "real" winch to pull it up so pumps can be used???

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
Sailfish

Hate to hear that about your boat. Hopefully someone on here will be able to help. Seems like if you were able to go down, unbolt the outboard from it and pull it up first, then tow the boat to shore, you might have an easier time. Wish I could help, mine isn't large enough.
Shiznik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #6
Grouper

THANK YOU to all who sent me PMs offering to help. I got an email from a swell guy (I got many, but this was the first one I got and first one I responded to) this morning with a big boat and a grappling hook. We met at the Texar launch and were headed out to find the boat. As we came under Graffiti Bridge by 17th Ave launch I saw a guy towing my boat in. Boy, were we relieved. I didnt get his name, but thank you to whoever you are. Also, I was shocked to see how many of my fellow fishermen were ready to sacrifice their sunday to come out and aid us in the recover of our small vessel. There is a LOT of outstanding people on this forum. Thanks again to all of you!!!

:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

I flushed the motor and filled her with WD-40 and Marvel Mystery oil. I dont mind if the motor doesn't work, as I started the day with a TOTAL loss but was able to regain a little. ALL the tackle was gone, only one pole remained (the crappy one, go figure). We also lost a seat, the anchor, a wallet and cell phone and the cooler. I was surpised that both cast nets and a pocket knife managed to ride it out. And the rope that I had tied to the rail and a life jacket (to mark the boat) was gone. GOOD THING SHE DIDNT SINK.

I just got a call from a guy who said he was going to buy the kids a new rod tomorrow at West Marine. WOW!! What a great guy!! I can not put into words how greatly appreciative we are of everythingpeoplehave done to help us. Like a lot of other folks, this economy has really got us down, and with the severe lack of funds in our account, It was going to be ATLEAST a few months before we had enough money to replace what we have all lost and be able to experience the joys of fishing. And maybe two years til we got another boat
Old 07-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #7
Blue Marlin

I think I have a few extra life jackets you can have, I'll look later on.. If you need any of those... I think I have a mid-size mushroom anchor also, but Im not 100%
wld1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
Grouper

Forum member blbsdb was my good samaritan and birdsnest was the savior that brought in my boat. THANK YOU so much. Birdsnest, I HAVE to repay you somehow.....
Old 07-26-2009, 10:39 PM   #9
Snapper

There are some darn good people on this forum. Thanks and congratulatons to

all PFF members. I think I saw you Friday afternoon. Were you on the west side

of the bridge around 3 o'clockish, as I remember, you were by yourself. It seemed

that there was an issue with your motor. Good job fellow fishermen!!

clap:clap
Marine Scout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #10
Grouper

Quote:
SeaRay240/Mia Belle (7/26/2009)There are some darn good people on this forum. Thanks and congratulatons to

all PFF members. I think I saw you Friday afternoon. Were you on the west side

of the bridge around 3 o'clockish, as I remember, you were by yourself. It seemed

that there was an issue with your motor. Good job fellow fishermen!!

clap:clap

No sir, that sure wasnt me. On Friday I worked late and didnt get to go fishing. And I dont go out on the bay alone, because of what could happen (but apperently taking someone else is just as dangerous, if not more)

And I cant say it enough, THANK YOU to all that offered or supplied their services. And thank you o all who have made generous offers to aid me in the replacement of the gear that was lost

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in