One fish, two fish, red fish, red fish, red fish, etc...3 mile 4.21.08 night - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 04-22-2008, 03:55 PM   #1
Snapper

Default One fish, two fish, red fish, red fish, red fish, etc...3 mile 4.21.08 night

I got off work at 7, and loaded up the ol' glastron and hit 17th by 8:30. I took my folks with me again, and we met up with Gill (lighttackle2fun) and Steph at the red fish hole. Gill had already been out in his skiff since 7, so look for his post soon. We were fishing with new penny gulp, and power bait mullet. My mullet was in the water for less than 5 minutes and it was on. I hooked a monster, It broke me off and I was useing 30lb test...wow!!!!! Next mom hooks up and the drag is screaming, she lands a nice 25 incher (7.6lbs).

Now its my turn again, with the drag running and the excitement building since we can here Gill and steph about 50 yards behind us with a big fish on also!!!! I get this one to the boat and Dad nets it. A not to shabby 26 inches (8.3lbs)!!!!!

But wait Mom is on again, meanwhile we here more action behind us, and Mom ishaving a time with this one. He put up quite a fight, butMom won this time and I netted itan impressive 29 inches (9.13lbs).

Before things even settle downI'm on again this time on a new penny gulp with 10 lb test. He was nice and I fought him for a coupleof minutes but I think he wrapped me around the bridge:banghead....pop goes the line and I hang my head in shame as I breakoff number 2.

Hold on a minute....Mom is on again her rod tip is literally under the boat!!!! I swear he ran drag for 45 secounds straight. Mom fights him hard for at least3 mins and she breaks off number3.

Holy cow nowDad is on!!!Screaming reel and all. He gets it to the top, and itsaw the boat and off it goes again. This fish just refuses to come to the side of the boat. Finally after about 4 passes by the boat and a longreach by me, we net him!!!! 27 inhes(9.2lbs)

I know we broke another off some where in the middle but Ican't remeber the details. Anyway, needless to say we all had a blast and wound it up around midnight. Gill and I are planning another trip out tonight if the winds are nice to us. Oh yeah we caught some keeper white trout also, I almost forgot.Here is a pic of our cath for last night:clap

Gonna have a fish fry on sunday...mmm..mmm..good.

Foster
Glastronix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: One fish, two fish, red fish, red fish, red fish, etc...3 mile 4.21.08 night

You are on a roll! Nice mess of fish.
Heller High Water is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Grouper

Default RE: One fish, two fish, red fish, red fish, red fish, etc...3 mile 4.21.08 night

Nice catch. You caught all that on artificial bait?
Fish Happens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
Snapper

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl3_lblFullMessage>Nice catch. You caught all that on artificial bait? </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Yep all on Gulp and powerbait!!!
Old 04-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #5
White Marlin

Are you jiggin' the lures or Deadsticking?,,,Awesome frickin catch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.southagain.com
www.pensacolafishcharters.com
[email protected]
Inshore/Nearshore Charters
Brad King is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 05:41 PM   #6
Snapper

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl5_lblFullMessage>Are you jiggin' the lures or Deadsticking?,,,Awesome frickin catch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
We were deadsticking about 15ft down, but they were also hitting them on top as we were reeling them in.For the most partI just fished 'emlike live bait, with one rod in my hand andone in the rod holder. They were running great!!!!
Old 04-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
Sailfish

Yea man clap
wirenut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 05:54 PM   #8
Sailfish

Nice catch and story! On a scale of 1 to 10

Catch = 9 :bowdown

Camera work = 3:reallycrying
Death From Above is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 05:58 PM   #9
Snapper

Quote:
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl8_lblFullMessage>Nice catch and story! On a scale of 1 to 10

Catch = 9

Camera work = 3

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl8_lblPostSignature>DFA

Sorry DFA I used my cellphone no flash:banghead
Old 04-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #10
Cigar Minnow

Wow stop keeping all those illegal fish ..
TheFishingtripper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in