Not Good but Not Bad - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 09-26-2008, 08:49 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default Not Good but Not Bad

Well wish I had something better to report like some keeper fish but not so, But gave it a Hell Of a try first hole we got a small shark, A Grouper 1/2 to small:banghead so we left and hit the pass Was A lot better than I thought it would Be drifted for awhile with live pinfish but Nothing biting Gulf was nice and calm so we trolled for spanish or whatever we could get ,Got One Spanish,1 blue, and lots of lady fish but was fun on lite tackle went back to the same hole we started at and Got Hit Hard fought It for about 30 minutes but could never get It to turn or get it off the Bottom,almost spooled me once and thats when we pull anchor and went on the chase , what ever it was almost spooled me again but got my line back with moving the boat, Fought it some more and It didn't want to come to the Boat,i believe It was a Big Shark or Ray, I Amthinking ray Bc the Only time i knew I had something on was when It took it's run, The rest of the time It was like trying to pull up a Concrete block,and then It broke myline, 20lb on aMh Rod 550 penn,:banghead didn't bring the Big RodsBut we Had fun Have pictures of the fish wedid get, But figured there was no reason to Post,But It would have beennice to get a Picture Of the one that Got away, O Well Thats Fishing!!!
Redfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2008, 10:11 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Default RE: Not Good but Not Bad

Good report.:clap at least you got out and enjoyed this great weather.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in