my next trip - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 06-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
Snapper

Default my next trip

well ive went out and i've been skunked on keepers two trips in a row. this morning started out horrible. i drove all they way over to the lillian bridge only to discover the lights were out. decided to go down to spanish cover only to be thrown out by the guard. heh (saw that coming though) then i hit johnsons beach at sunrise to try to salvage the trip. im still batting a .000 on gulp under a popping cork. any advice there would be appreciated.

The highlight of my day, besides meeting a fellow yaker on the water, was discovering a fish on a bobber. I chased that guy all over the sound. mike helped me for a little while. i actually had alot of fun chasing that fish. right as mike gave up and i was soon to follow. i managed to hook the bobber. now apparently i must not have hooked it well because the hook came loose and i almost ate my lure as it came flying back at my face. i discovered it was a speckled trout that i didnt think was very big. then i gave up and headed back towards my truck. mike went the other way, hope he caught some fish. on the way back to my truck about a quarter of a mile down the beach, low and behold, there is that damn bobber again. i was in pursuit again and i finally got a good hook set into the bobber. unfortunately it was right near a dock and this speck ended up being a ton bigger than i thought. he took off and even pulled me for a bit like a redfish. he wrapped me around a piling and broke off. i gave it another 30 minutes looking for him.

long story short there is a speck out there with someones cajun thunder bobber and my yo zuri attached to it. this spec is easily into the 20 inch range and guaranteed a good fight. good luck.
Jhoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
White Marlin

Default RE: my next trip

thats funny, i fished in mobile bay this morning and there was a cajun cork also with a fish on it. i was wading and the fish was near some jetties swimming back and forth to each of them. it was just out of casting range and to deep to wade to it. i dang near took the plunge to swim to the jetties and then go after it. i did not though.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
Grand Slam

Jhoe, what lights by the Lillian Bridge? There's a bunch of places over here to put in.

Skip
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2009, 06:34 PM   #4
Grouper

there is a speck out there with someones cajun thunder bobber and my yo zuri attached to it.

That's become a valuable fish. Sounds like you have a great attitude about it. Instead of chasing the fish you should have used it as a marker. I once read that if you can hook a float to a trout and release it and it would join back up with the school. So I tried it and it works or at least it did the day I tried it.

Have you tried Little Lagoon I'm hearing it's on fire per basstracker66. Don't feel bacause fishing is different this year. We fished the perdido bay all weekend and only caught a few keepers. In years past we would have caught 50 to 60 keepers easy. Hot weather early, rain messing up the shrimp spawn or whatever, something has pushed the better fish into the gulf.
Jighead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2009, 01:27 PM   #5
Snapper

Quote:
lastcast (6/29/2009)Jhoe, what lights by the Lillian Bridge? There's a bunch of places over here to put in.

Skip

I was talking about the actual bridge light. at the middle of the bridge. like the one at garcon point. when that thing is actually going ti is on fire with monster specs.

also. i have no idea where little lagoon is.
Jhoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2009, 05:23 PM   #6
Snapper

jhoe.

little sabine. pcola beach.

it is on fire. reds,specks,SHARKS!!!! you should hit it up.

and dont feel bad!:banghead we all chase the bobber:doh

Capt Ollie, Bloody Waters Kayak Fishing Team

www.pensacolakayakcharters.com
BloodyWaters is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in