My 1st shot at chaising Bull Reds - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Old 10-31-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default My 1st shot at chaising Bull Reds

Left Little Sabine with Cap'n John , and my good friend Pete from Tampa,about 6:10am, the wind was blowing from the East @ maybe 10-12 knots.

Headed west out of the pass...nothing happening! Headed back to the passfor calmer water, the wind was picking up and the tide was ripping out!<P align=center>Saw some Birds and Pelicans chasing some bait and maybe reds at this secret spot no- one has ever fished....<P align=center><P align=center>John casts under them and whammmm!<P align=center><P align=center>29" Red<P align=center>Then we bounce around a little and my buddy Pete, yells "Fish On"!<P align=center><P align=center><P align=center>31" Red<P align=center><P align=center><P align=center>OK, I'm driving, <U>my turn</U>; John and I pick up a double hook-up!<P align=center><P align=center><P align=center>Great Fun landing 2 at a time....John's has it's head out of the water, mine is barely noticeable to the left!<P align=center><P align=center>Sweeeet! John's turns outto be a slot fish, 25" fish over 5lbs.... minehowever is 29" so back in the drink!<P align=center><P align=center>Here's John releasing my fish!<P align=center><P align=center>Now, John says he's hungry, so we head for some SUSHI!<P align=center>He's a funny Guy!<P align=center><P align=center><P align=center>Then Pete caught this BoBo, a lot of fun on light tackle!<P align=center><P align=center><P align=left>Conditons were not great, but we had some fun with friends and enjoyed our timeon the water!<P align=left><P align=left>I learned a lot, because as you know I am a shallow water REDFISHkind of a guy, but this was fun!<P align=left><P align=left>Happy Fishing!<P align=center><P align=center><P align=center><P align=center><P align=center><P align=left><P align=center>
SolarFlare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: My 1st shot at chaising Bull Reds

Well Bay Pirate I may have got the bigger fish but Ya'll got the most So I guess all I can do Is Say :bowdown:bowdown Glad to see we both had a Good Time:toast
Redfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
Trigger

Looks like Pete was the only one that could hold the camera level. Maybe you need to get a camera with a FISHEYE bubble on the side...you have seen those drills motors haven't you. And by the way I thought you was supposed to hold the reel upside down and reel with yourright hand? JUST KIDDING LOOKS LIKE YALL HAD A BLAST. Will probably be out Saturday early am...better half hasn't been in awhile!!!!
155SprtFsh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Bay- Those are sure enough some nice reds, and you went with a good man to find them. Catain John sems to have a good radar which tells him where the fish will be. Can't wait to get back in the middle of them myself- Good fishing to all- Ed MAshburn
Ed Mashburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2008, 07:52 PM   #5
Sailfish

great report bay pirate. awesome pics!<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=SmallTxt width="80%"><DIV id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl1_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer &#111;nmouseover="InstantASP_OpenMenuMouseOver('_c tl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl1_s mAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopics Repeater__ctl1_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','< table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'631\ '); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'631\'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'631\'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');" style="DISPLAY: inline" &#111;nclick="InstantASP_OpenMenu('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl1_smAuthorName', '_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl 1_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'631\ '); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'631\'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'631\'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');"></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=SmallTxt width="80%"><DIV id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl1_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer &#111;nmouseover="InstantASP_OpenMenuMouseOver('_c tl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl1_s mAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopics Repeater__ctl1_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','< table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'631\ '); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'631\'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'631\'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');" style="DISPLAY: inline" &#111;nclick="InstantASP_OpenMenu('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl1_smAuthorName', '_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl 1_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'631\ '); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'631\'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'631\'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');"></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
dailysaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2008, 06:28 PM   #6
Sailfish

Nice, Sorry i could'nt make it.
Halfmoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2008, 06:52 PM   #7
Snapper

Nice looking reds and good report. I may have to get Capt. John to show me how to catch the bull reds in Pcola pass as well!
wflgator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in