Keeping short Fish!!! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 07-02-2009, 02:01 AM   #1
Trigger

Default Keeping short Fish!!!

What I am saying does not apply to most on this forum. I personally do not practice this kind of behavior. I know the economy has gone to hell, but keeping short fish or too many is just a cowardly act. I don't put much faith in the laws or bills that are supposed to help this country, but I do know that if we deplete our natural resources then we are screwed!!! If you come across an idiot that does this, I hope you will do the right thing. I personally am sick of seeing people with 10 inch specks, 8 inch flounder, 7 inch mangrove snapper, and 16 inch reds!!! If you think that the FWC is out there to regulate these practices then you are severely mistaken!!! In the great depression 70 percent of our aquatic stock was depleted. Speak up so your children will have the same experiences as you all!!! Peace!!!

Deadeye
deadeyedave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2009, 02:45 AM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: Keeping short Fish!!!

I agree but offer a solution? Speak up to whom?
Chris Couture is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2009, 03:12 AM   #3
Trigger

Chris, I propose that the decent and moral people in this world just pick up a phone and dial a sequence of numbers to report such actions!!! I personallyhave got into many altercations with people pouching!!! I can't stand it, and I won't stand for it!!! I hope and pray that you all have the same feelings towards this matter, as our livelyhood depends on it!!!

Deadeye!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2009, 03:26 AM   #4
Trigger

Oh yeah, some of you may say things like you are a snitch. Well, my opinion is this, "cheat the government but don't cheat mother nature and the laws the govern our waters." Man is evil nature is not. Nature shall be nature so lets try to keep it stocked for years to come, I hope!!! Just my 2 cents!!! Out!!!

Deadeye
Old 07-02-2009, 04:46 AM   #5
Blue Marlin

Location: PC Fl., Orange Bch, Eufaula Al., Lake Seminole Ga. , Camden Al.

For an act of Gross to change the Tone of DeadeyeDave, it must be a Gross act indeed and as well worthy ofall to apply attention and equity by all. Such an Act is that of poach.

To ask mankind to be honest and correct in mankinds actions will be a mission of great effort. History has proven it soo many times more often to be that mankind will cheat to win, than to be honest and suffer even if the sufferingshall beslight. The greater side of the event of majesty in fooling the wiley game being the trickery itself and not the keep, cheat mankind would not carry out, but if greater mankind only knew the greater side.

Thus the answer is, Teach my accomplished Friend, teach. Teach the offenders in mankind the greater side of what sport is in order for there to be a win in the act ofcapture itself, and there to be an understanding in the win that comes in the release. For if it is not known it will not be realized, felt or understood, so we Teach, and no greater teacher is there than the accomplished that share the true value of the grandure of the event as it has and shall always be.

Mankinds majority does not know theGreatest gain, so Teach my great accomplished friend, Teach.

Garbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2009, 05:34 AM   #6
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
Grand Slam

Though, an agnostic, I think a GREAT question is... "What would Jesus do?"

His answer, "Render to Caesar what is Caesar's. Render under God, what is God's" pretty much says it all.

Our goverment is elected, rules apply, obey them. If you don't like them, elect somebody else, in the meantime obey the rules.

Now, personally, at the same time I believe there is a time and place for "civil disobedience",... just be willing to take the consequences for your illegalactions.

So,nowif somebody keeps short fish, you see them, and youBELIEVE it's wrong... You have4 choices.

1. Ignore it.

2 Confront them and tell them you think they're wrong.

3. Confront them and tell them you think they're wrong, if they do it anyway,then call the authorities.

4. Hide your identity and call the authorities.

It's a simpleold fashioned "morality play"... ultimately, even if you believe in God or not, YOU must make your own choice.

AGAIN, this is ONLY true if you believe the law is ultimately correct.

If you believe the law is wrong andworthy of being ignored... THAT is the root of "civil disobedience"

Jim
Old 07-02-2009, 05:41 AM   #7
Snapper

Quote:
deadeyedave (7/2/2009)Chris, I propose that the decent and moral people in this world just pick up a phone and dial a sequence of numbers to report such actions!!! I personallyhave got into many altercations with people pouching!!! I can't stand it, and I won't stand for it!!! I hope and pray that you all have the same feelings towards this matter, as our livelyhood depends on it!!!

Deadeye!!!

again, you're whining without offering any solution. i believe where chris was going with that was that most people dont know the phone number, or have any contacts for the people that they could call.

also, you've been in altercations with poachers? i'd bet that didn't help.

As for the FWC. those guys do the best they can. i got checked today as did about 15 other people I saw. so to say they aren't out there is a rediculous statement.
Jhoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2009, 07:04 AM   #8
Grouper

What a load of horse manure. I would never report any fisherman catching fish with a rod and reel. Period! That is about as low as a person can stoop. I go past shrimp boats in the bay that are decimating whatever is unfortunate enough to get caught in their nets just so some yuppie can buy a dozen shrimp for whatever at a restaurant. You are worried about a guy trying to catch a few fish to take home and eat. I see people cleaning fish that obviously aren't legal. I am just happy for them they made it in without being checked and given some absurd fine. Dare you need to take your whining somewhere else.
wrightackle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

Guy's, the law is the law, if you break it, then you are wrong. There is no grey area. If the person is breaking the law with fish, then hell, why not steal your rods and reels, or like the other day the a$$hole that stole the childs bag and the rods right out of the boat? I hope the get caught, and you bet, I would call FWC on them in a flash. I remember growing up when you could not keep a redfish. And look at the snapper population, or the Gag population. I dive and the grouper aren't that thick anymore. There is a law in place, and if you cheat mother nature, she will f-you back 10 times. It is morally, legally, and ethically wrong. So now, I ask you this for all of the supporters of keeping illegal fish, you are wrong, and karma is a b!t(h. I have never seen so many people that support keeping illegal fish. At the same timeI don't agree with the Trawlers in close to land either. I look at them like a rapist, but they do try to keep fish alive and throw them back.CONSERVE NATURE....... OR IT WON'T BE HERE FOR YOUR CHILDREN, GRAND CHILDREN, OR THEIR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN.

P.S. the number to FWC if you see a violator is..1-888-404-fwcc(3922). And I don't know if it works in this area, but cell users can dial #392. Get the persons tag number off his trailer or truck, and they will track them down. I don' t have many strong opinion's, but this is one of them.......
TCGrimsley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #10
Mingo

Keeping short fish pretty much guarantees that person absolutely sucks at fishing. Explain this in a calm logical manner to a person keeping illegal fish, and that should be punishment enough. Just make them feel like a p-word.
pb&jellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in