First Keeper Bay Grouper, spanish, and a bone head boat captain - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 10-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
Snapper

Default First Keeper Bay Grouper, spanish, and a bone head boat captain

Me and my step son Murphy went out early again today. Left Navy point at 6am and headed toward the pass, little windy for sure. On our way we ran into school after school of spanish, so we started chasing them for a bit. We hooked a few and then started trolling.

What a nice morning, little less wind would have been great but the widelife was obundant and we saw a few kings sky, sharks, dolphins, and a great sun rise.

With the wind seemingly increasing, we ran over to bob sykes bridgeand fished the area with not much luck at all. At this point the wind slowed and so we ran back to the pass. Along the way back we saw a HUGE school of spanish so we stopped and started throwing at them. Hooked up on 5 in like 5 minutes, probably would have caught more but of course a charter boat comes rolling by and saw we were bringing in one after another and they stopped, RIGHT ON TOP OF THE SCHOOL. What to go buddy! :banghead

Since we lost the school, we started trolling a strech 15. I had it on my lite tackle rod (finnor 3000 and a all star platinium 7ft) well with in about 3 mins, my drag was screaming and my fight was on

25 inch grouper. MY FIRST KEEPER GROUPER in the bay!

By this point the wind was laying down and we could still see spanish blowing up, but kept trolling. We made it to the final turn heading into the gulf and a rod start blazing. So we slow down and Murphy grabbed the rod. The fight was on and he was struggling with the fish, it was a stud. As we drifted, we see another boat coming at us, and they seemed to be trolling as well, but they stayed far enough away it wasnt a problem, UNTIL SOME ASSHOLE came flying by and split both boats. (maybe 20yards away from us and the other boat, then cut right behind us) Reminder my boy has on the biggest fish he had ever felt on a rod and as the boat passed, guess what? GAME OVER it cut both of our lines and one from the other boat. I could see if we were in a major traffic area, with all shallow water around us why they would do this. Some people just shouldnt be on the water. Needless to say my boy was very dissapointed, and so was I, lost about $35 in lures, in one swipe and they knocked the smile right of my sons face. :looser

At this piont we were running low on trolling lures so we started the ride in. Overall GREAT weekend on the water with my boy. Finished the two day trip with 2 keeper reds, 12 spanish, and one keeper grouper.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: First Keeper Bay Grouper, spanish, and a bone head boat captain

Great report and sorry to hear about the AH's. We went out yesterday pm. and gotone spanish. on a stretcher. A shark was the highlight of the day, but nothingbig. Trolled the bouys in hopes of kings but nada. This morning was diffrent . Took my son out locallyand found a school of reds and had lots of fun...kept two: an 18 and a 19" ...great times with the kid. Congrats.
Fishermon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #3
Grouper

Default RE: First Keeper Bay Grouper, spanish, and a bone head boat captain

congrats to your son , that is a damn shame people have got to act stupid , but then again there are alot of idiots out there.
tailfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in