A Few Tarpon and a BIG SNOOK!!! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 01-02-2009, 02:44 AM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default A Few Tarpon and a BIG SNOOK!!!

Spent X-mas with family in Melbourne, Fl. which is along the Space Coast east of Orlando.We fished out of my Dad's 10 ft bass tender at Turkey Creek (Palm Bay,Fl). We had a livewell full of perfect size mullet and we riggedup 12# testwith 40# mono tag(used a blood knot to attach the leader)and a 3/0 blood red circle hook. We slow trolled the mullet up and down the canal in 2-4 ft ofwater. Had some big Tarpon break offand had a fewthrowthe hook but we landed three tarpon, biggest weighed 18 lbs on the Boga. I got the Snook on our last pass up the canal at 2:30 AM. He almost spooled me on his first runand almost melted my Sargus 5000. Luckily he turned back towards the boat and I gained some line back. After a few more runsI got him in within 10 feet of the boat and hespun us in circles till we wereboth dizzy:sick. He finallyconceded andwe landed him safely and returned him unharmed. He measuredright at 40 inches and weighed 22 lbs.

GiG_A_BitE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2009, 02:51 AM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: A Few Tarpon and a BIG SNOOK!!!

awesome report and pictures man! i've always wanted to get down that way and catch a snook. seems like a ton of fun!
facebook.com/BSTseptic
nb&twil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2009, 07:20 AM   #3
Trigger

Very nice!!! I'll have to trydown thereone day. Been too windy around here to do any comfortable fishing...except for the days i got to work of course.
F|nz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2009, 07:58 AM   #4
Blue Marlin

Location: PC Fl., Orange Bch, Eufaula Al., Lake Seminole Ga. , Camden Al.

Way Cool report. thanks for sharing.
Garbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #5
a
Sailfish

I noticed Sebastion Inlet is one of your favs! Mine too, weve been driving down every october for the last 16 years! Ive caught a snook at the inlet every year we've gone.

Not to mention the Sebastion rivers poons, got one of them on a fly 6 pound tippet , 24 lb poon.

It wont take much more for me to cash-in and move to the Sebastion area.What a place! Great off-shore and bottom fishing, and one of the best inshore fisheries ive ever seen.....Cmon Garbagio, push me a little further.......

Hey man, you should go in october too!
a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

I usually fish the flounder run at Sebastianevery Thanksgiving and Christmas but they aren't as thick as they used to be. I have hooked into some snook at Sebastian that had to be pushing 30lb's but I didn't have chance with my flounder setup. I usually fish the South Jettys or the catwalk but you got to get there before dawn to get a decent spot. Let me know next time you go down there maybe we'll run into each other:letsdrink
GiG_A_BitE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #7
a
Sailfish

here's a couple of mine......hmmm posting pics is not as easy as it used to be.THAT LOOKS LIKE A MONSTER!

My biggest is 21 lbs, weighed. I ve lost some bigger snook drifting the fenders. Lost a monster right there at the catwalk on a strong outgoing tide. The fish was whupped, just laid upin the current,my brother wouldnt go out any further. Thats a bitchin pass!

Is there a boat ramp near turkey creek? I think Palm Bay is just north of Sebastion, either way i hope you dont mind if i contact u b4 i go next time.

<P align=center>
a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in