Escambia Fills 9-28-09 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 09-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
Snapper

Default Escambia Fills 9-28-09

Monday was finally a decent day, weather wise, to fish on a day off,so on Sunday evening I got the boat ready by putting all the gear in the boat, checking batteries, cranking engine (since it has been a month since I have been able to fish) ect to be ready to get to the ramp early Monday morning. Monday comes, get kids and wife off to school and me off to the boat ramp,I thought. How many of you have a different set of truck keys and boat keys together? I do because just in case I drop/lose the truck keys I will have spares. My boat/truck/trailer lock keys are on a carbiner I keep separately from my regular set of keys, well I'm ready to leave andI cannot find my keys, panic sets in. Before yesterday,I only had one boat key, only got one whenI bought the boat and have been lazy in not getting a duplicate made. So I search the house up and down, no keys. I try to call the wife, because if I leave keys laying around she puts them up for me, but of course get voice mail. Now I'm really stressed, finally I walk outside to the boat and find the keysI had clipped to the top cleatwhile loading the boat the day before.:banghead So after chastising my dumb ass, I get to leave out an hour late. I get toSmith's Fish Camp to put in and it is dead high tide, water is in the road the tide is so high. Well what the heck, I'm here and not at work so I'm going fishing by gosh! It was a beautiful morning, water flat as a table top, I'm feeling better just being there. Ran down the channel to a favorite spot, nothing, fish around one of the islands using a floating red/white twitch bait and BAM get the first bite of the day at 8:40A , a spec. I thought it was going to be a keeper, but it was under slot, so back it went. Five minutes later I get the last bite of the morning, a smaller spec. After that it got windy and hot, no luck in Mackey Cove or all the way up Saltsman Bayou back to the main river. But like I said, I wasn't at work!

T140 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
Mingo

Default RE: Escambia Fills 9-28-09

A day on the water is better than a day at work any time At least you did catchone though...Keep it up!
Heller High Water Mate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
Snapper

a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work can i get a a-men:bowdown:letsdrink
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
Sailfish

even better than yard work
User6882 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2009, 12:28 PM   #5
Snapper

it beats all work!!!:hotsun
Old 09-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #6
Cigar Minnow

Don't feel bad - at least you caught 2. I fished that same vicinity on Sunday - first cast about a 14" spec - toss it back thinking this is a good start to a great day. That was the last bite on artificial all day long. Did end up catching a 32" red on cut bait before the day was over - had to toss him back but just like golf, there is always that shot that makes you keep going back. Like you - it had been a month since I had been able to go and I was catching a lot of specs then. Don't know what has changed unless it was all the fresh water. Hopefully it will get better as it gets cooler. Good Luck!
Power Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2009, 06:19 PM   #7
Snapper

mis-placing your keys can be a real bummer, but you got your speck!!

Good Job!!
Marine Scout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in