East Bay 07/11/09 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Old 07-11-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
White Marlin

Default East Bay 07/11/09

I finally caught fish in East Bay! I launched at sun up and decided to use Gulf b/c the local B&T does not open until 6:00am. I have never had any luck there so I decided to watch were others had been fishing and go there after they were done. I caught my first of 2 fish at about 8 near the powerlines.

I did not plan on keeping fish b/c i'm not a huge fan of eating Reds and the trout have a ton of worms right now. But I could not throw this guy back. About 30 minutes after the Flounder I caught this Red.

After I caught the little guy I got many more bights but they would not commit so I left for greener pastures. I pulled up to a very shallow point and started working that area and came up on a BIG school of tailing Reds. I must have made 20 perfect casts and they would not even nibble. I have never been a big fan of Gulp/artificials and this just solidified it. Next time out I am going to hit it up with live bait and see how that goes. The good news is now I am getting the hang of the Bay.
Bullshark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
Mingo

Default RE: East Bay 07/11/09

beautiful red there!
Catfish Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
Trigger

Nice Flounder and cute red. Red looks like a juvie..but maybe you have huge hands oke

Thanks for the report..nice to see some reports from east bay.
F|nz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #4
White Marlin

The Red was a baby.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #5
Grouper

Sometimes fish just won't eat, no matter what you're throwing at them. If a Gulp jerk shad isn't working, throw a Gulp shrimp and they'll probably take it. Throw a gold spoon. Don't knock artificials until you really know how to work them. I spent a year using them and had horrible results, after I learned how to use them, my fish catching number skyrocketed well beyond anything I would ever catch on live bait.
Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #6
Trigger

I agree...gulps are a great choice on reds. They never seem to swim away from a gulp shrimp. If the school of reds seen you then the probably won't hit a thing.
F|nz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #7
White Marlin

Thats all it really is I just have always used live for inshore fish other than Snook. Why can't I knock it? Am I going the hurt the fake shrimps feelings? J/K I'm going back out now so I will post the results of the live bait tonight.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #8
CCC
Grand Slam

Hmmmmmmm been wade fishing there three times a weekand I am SLAYING the reds and flounder with gulp penny shrimp, for a fee I will give you lessons James. oke
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2009, 12:20 AM   #9
White Marlin

Ok I just got back. The bite was slow again even with live bait. As I was leaving the trout bite got real good but I was out of gas so I had to go. Here is the first fish I caught tonight.

It was a hair shy of 22". I know I said I was not going to keep a trout but this one was the biggest I caught up here so it had to come over for dinner. I caught it off of live bait but this second fish was caught off Penny Gulp like the 2 this morning.

I had some A-hole come outside tonight and say to leave his dock b/c he keeps getting thigs stolen. I stayed at that spot for another 30 minutes while he was yelling just to piss him off. I will say this about tonight the trout bite was getting crazy. I kept having to retie b/c of the debris though. Today was the first day I ever used braded line and I love it. The only issue I have with it is if I did not have a mono leader the trouts teeth cut right threw it. The late night Troutbite was so good that I was rushing (no leader)and I missed like 10 fish.Otherwise it rocks.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:25 AM   #10
White Marlin

I just looked back at the first thing I wrote and it is pretty confusing. I DID NOT KEEP THAT REDFISH B/C IT WAS A BABY AND I DON'T LIKE TO EAT REDFISH. It was only out of the water long enough to take that picture.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in