choctawatchee REDFISH (6.7.08) - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 06-07-2008, 05:57 PM   #1
Snapper

Default choctawatchee REDFISH (6.7.08)

Mine and my dad's schedule finally lined up to take a fishing trip together. Was really hoping to put him on some fish since I get to fish a good bit more than he does these days. Met at the ramp at six and I was crossing my fingers the wind didn't get out of control. It ended up perfect.

Hit a large grass flat that was covered withbig mullet. Started throwing gold spoons and finished throwing gold spoons at noon with 13 reds. Had two in the "teen" range, and the others were 20" to 26". Dad also caught a nice trout @ 23". Highlight of the day was a fish that followed thespoon all the way to the boat. WhenI started to lift it out of the water, hesmoked it and took off like a rocket. awesome to watch! Great day on the water, hard to beat a trip like that with my dad.

PaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Send a message via AIM to fisheye48
Default RE: choctawatchee REDFISH (6.7.08)

NICE FISH!!! also like the redneck casting platform:bowdown
fisheye48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #3
Trigger

great job. nice fish.
Georgiaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2008, 07:39 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Great day, nice catch!

Where can an "out of towner" coming down last weekend of June find grass flats like that from a kayak?

Don't want your honey hole, just wondering where my son ( in Naval training there) can paddle close to the base or Perdido Bay, where I'll be camping at the KOA?

thanks

LMJ

LittleMiamiJeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2008, 09:19 PM   #5
Snapper

Quote:
fisheye48 (6/7/2008)NICE FISH!!! also like the redneck casting platform:bowdown
Thanks! I was hoping someone would see that. Purchased it yesterday. Got tired of standing on the cooler. For $20, can't beat it.

Lilmiami, can't really help you with that area over there. I know nothing about it. Look around on the forum though and you should be able to get some tips. The question has definately been asked before. Good luck with it, sorry I couldn't be more help.
PaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #6
Mingo

Nice catches. What part of the bay were you in if you dont mind me asking? My cousin and i fished the East side of the Midbay Bridge, south near the marinaall through the grass flats Saturday evening and nothing!! We finished up at dark underneath the south end of the bridge. There we had catfish, black snapper, and skip jack caught on DOA, Gulpand live shrimp under a popping cork.NoReds or Specks.. We fished earlier that morning at a different location. We launchedat the Cinco Bayou bridge in Ft. Walton headed east and fished the grass flats at the point neara Marina on the South end and got into some skipjacks and had a couple specks blow up on topwaters. Were just looking for some descent spots to try. Thanks - Jason
GatorBait is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2008, 06:42 PM   #7
Snapper

Wow, what a day:bowdown:bowdown :bowdown You guys really got into 'em. I havn't found them that thick in a couple of months, but when you find them thick like that,what a great time. Nice job :clap :clap :clap and thanks for the post. (good :takephoto also)

Glastronix
Glastronix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in