4/16 report to follow - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 04-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
CCC
Grand Slam

Default 4/16 report to follow

Going out with Redfish and Bullshark tomorrow on reds boat, I am hoping for a perfect 4 in a row skunk but red poses a little problem he is skilled in the way of the fish and his majic is strong I have already lit candles and am currently sitting cross legged Gandhi style chanting NO FISH, FISH BAD, NO FISH, FISH BAD........ This will be the classic battle of good and evil between redfish and I, we shall see who prevails. Will post tomorrow the outcome.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Default RE: 4/16 report to follow

REPORT!!!!:hoppingmad
sandphlea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2009, 12:23 PM   #3
Sailfish

I have faith in the power of CCC.
Ocean Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2009, 06:00 PM   #4
CCC
Grand Slam

LOL Matt, well sorry guys but Redfish put us on them today, we put in at Navy Point and try as I may to skunk them I couldn't. We started out trolling gold spoons for Spanish and actually got tired of catching them, so then we went to the beach to try Pomp jigs and we saw TONS of Pomps !!!!!!!!! Kind of weird though we put three in the boat and Bullshark lost another couple that we got right to the boat, then although we kept seeing them EVERYWHERE the bite just quit. So I got my first Pomp ever a 14" and Bullshark landed another two, and we kept 3 or four Spanish. Redfish was kind enough to mostly captain for us today and didn't get to fish that much. All in all a great time was had and I can't thank redfish enough for putting up with us today ! Bullshark will post some picts and give his side of the story and I am sure Redfish will too. GREAT DAY !
Old 04-16-2009, 06:04 PM   #5
Snapper

sounds muchbetter than being stuck behind a desk!
Old 04-16-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
White Marlin

You forgot the pelican we landed. Here are some ofthe pics of the fish I just got done cleaning them. I will have more once Redfish sends them to me.And before I catch any crap my wife is a FSU alum and a big fan that is why you see that plate on her car.

Bullshark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2009, 08:12 PM   #7
CCC
Grand Slam

ahh yes, the pelican, bullshark cast and it went right into a pellicans wing, so we had to real her in and bullshark grabbed her by the neck and redfish managed to get the hook out of her wing, and she was set free looking none the worse for wear.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:44 PM   #8
Sailfish

Send a message via AIM to PompNewbie Send a message via Yahoo to PompNewbie

Cngrats on the catch! looks like you all had a great day
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington
PompNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2009, 11:08 PM   #9
White Marlin

It was really fun. I could not believe the amount of pompano. It looked like the big schools of reds in the fishing shows in Tampa. There where thousands of fish. Same with the spanish, I just never knew pomps schooled in #s quite like that. It was awsome and fun fun fun. I would get better bites if I had a slow retrieve with long casts and instead of pulling the jig off the bottom I would jig the rod to my side never allowing the jig to come off the bottom more of scraping the sand. I also had more bites with a shrimp tiped jig. They would follow the jig by bouncing it but not bite. I hooked up on 4 and had many more bites but they got hip to the game in about a hour.
Bullshark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2009, 12:19 AM   #10
Trigger

Quote:
CCC (4/16/2009)LOL Matt, well sorry guys but Redfish put us on them today, we put in at Navy Point and try as I may to skunk them I couldn't. We started out trolling gold spoons for Spanish and actually got tired of catching them, so then we went to the beach to try Pomp jigs and we saw TONS of Pomps !!!!!!!!! Kind of weird though we put three in the boat and Bullshark lost another couple that we got right to the boat, then although we kept seeing them EVERYWHERE the bite just quit. So I got my first Pomp ever a 14" and Bullshark landed another two, and we kept 3 or four Spanish. Redfish was kind enough to mostly captain for us today and didn't get to fish that much. All in all a great time was had and I can't thank redfish enough for putting up with us today ! Bullshark will post some picts and give his side of the story and I am sure Redfish will too. GREAT DAY !
Good deal!!! Glad to hear it!!! GL in the future.

Deadeye.

deadeyedave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in