3 mile 4.24.08 Thurs night Reds and White Trout - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 04-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #1
Snapper

Default 3 mile 4.24.08 Thurs night Reds and White Trout

I left work a little after 7, and had the glastron in the water by 8:30-ish. Once again I had my folks with me, I think I've got 'em addicted. The bay was close to smooth, so the ride out was beautiful. We were anchored in one of my favorite spots by 8:45. I tossed a powerbait mullet in and mom and dad both choose a 3 inch new penny gulp. As soon as I got comfortable my rod doubled over in the holder and apparently the bulls had made there first appearance. After about 10 mins of pure fun Dad netted him for me and my first red was in the boat.

31 inches and a little over 12 lbs (I remembered my scale tonight). I tossed him back and watched him drift a bit, then flip over and swim away. So back in the water goes my powerbait. Before I knew it I was on again with red number two.

Another hoss at 32 inches and a fat 13.2 lbs. Quick release and, and bait mullet back in the water. Meanwhile my Mom and Dad are catching White trout left and right on the new penny gulps. Now I like fish I can eat so I pull out my penn 4400 and put a gulp on it to join in the trout harvest! And sure enough the trout are killing it! Then Bam my rod with the mullet is bent and screaming in the rod holder, I hand my Mom the 4400 and grab the big boy and its on again.

At this point my Dad says " give me one a those mullet " and I toss one to him. He switches bait real quick and not 5 mins later bam. His rod tip is in the water, his reel is making my favorite sound in the world and he is grinning from ear to ear. After a nice long fight I net the red!

A nice keeper at 26 inches and 7 lbs. Well while I'm trying to get a pic of this one I hear screaming drag from the back of the boat and Mom is bowed up! She fought him for about 5 mins and unfortunately he broke her off. That was the only red we hung on the new pennys last night. But the action didn't die down yet, while I was trying to help my Mom re-rig her set up my rod once again got pounded. I snatched it up and after a little effort brought red number5 to the boat.

26 inches and and I cant remember the exact weight but he was around 7 lbs. Finally another keeper!!! After that we all broke off a fish,so I think a school of big boys rolled in. The reds were slamming all over the top of the water all night long and it was fun to watch em frolick. I saw one chase a bait fish on top of the water all the way under the bridge. Dad tried some top water bait but only one strike and he missed it. Also we managed to pull up about 13 keeper white trout and 2 keeper reds, and we tossed back 3 reds that were 30 inches or more!!!!Another great night of fishing.lets hear it for 3 mile bridge.
Glastronix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: 3 mile 4.24.08 Thurs night Reds and White Trout

Man I love your reports! Something you might try would be rigging one of those powerbait mullets on one of those floating jig heads. That way you wouldn't have to deal with getting treble hooks out of the reds and the single hook would probably hook them better. Just a thought. Keep the reports coming. I have got to get out of the laz-y-boy and give that a shot one night.
wrightackle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
Sailfish

Send a message via Yahoo to amberj

Nice load of fish!!!
amberj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #4
Trigger

You guys always murder 3-Mile. Do you stay on the north or the south end?
ppping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #5
Snapper

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl4_lblFullMessage>You guys always murder 3-Mile. Do you stay on the north or the south end?

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl4_lblPostSignature>Cape Horn 19 "The Finster" </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
We stay on the north end p'cola side.
Glastronix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2008, 05:20 PM   #6
Sailfish

Some nice fish:clap
wirenut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2008, 10:58 PM   #7
Snapper

So I got you hooked on 3 mile, when are you getting up early and let me show you the skiff at work? Top water down by shoreline!!! We can go for the inshore slam

You got to watch that red blow up on me twice the other night. Its a blast to watch the explosion, especially when they miss, you wait and you tap it just one more little time. BOOOM normally the second time they dont miss and your heart is pumping waiting for the second bite.

Great job on the fish, once again! :clap

Sorry I couldnt make it. The boat will be tied up to the truck and going to work with me tomorrow, I AM FISHING. Probably go Sunday morning also if weather permits.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:12 AM   #8
Mingo

Nice mess of fish and fine report :clap
seapro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in