3 MB 1/4/09 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Old 01-05-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
CCC
Grand Slam

Default 3 MB 1/4/09

Went out yesterday with my father and brother in law. Got on the water about 1pm, pulled up next to a 17' Cape Horn with two guys who were tearing the white trout up with every cast, made us look like idiots, we fished for about an hour with live shrimp and got nothing then my brother in law pulled out the 3" new penny gulp shrimp and started getting good bites, I have never had much luck with them but grabbed one from him and the fun was on ! We caught about 40 white trout of which we kept over 20 and one good sheepshead. Saw some good reds under the bridge tailing the top but couldn't get close enough to them to get a topwater on them, but they were nice to watch. All in all a GREAT day on the water, cold beer, good bites, and an incredible sunset. Took the fish home and thru them in some oil for a great fish fry. LIFE IS GOOD !

Oh forgot to mention no shirt, no shoes, shorts, in January and even got a good sunburn on my bald head ! Gotta love Florida !
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #2
Blue Marlin

Location: PC Fl., Orange Bch, Eufaula Al., Lake Seminole Ga. , Camden Al.
Default RE: 3 MB 1/4/09

Very nice report. Thanks
Garbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
Snapper

Glad to see that someone is getting out there and getting lines wet and catching good food.

Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year!!!:letsdrink
Just_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

We had an incredible day yesterday. Fish totals approx. were 2 reds( 25" one slot, one bull ), 8 red snapper, 2 red grouper, 2 scamp,3 gag, threw back more white trout than we kept, 2 keeper black snapper.

Was out with Mitch aka Get-n-Wade... Thanks for the post.

Tom

17 Cape
NoDrama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #5
White Marlin

Send a message via Yahoo to konz

We (crazyfire, yankee 2, and myself)were out there too......caught a mess of white trout......some were very decently sized, some small grouper, a 3lb red snapper, and two bull reds.
konz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 10:37 AM   #6
Trigger

Thanks for the report. I was out there as well. I was near the hump, looking toward PCola there were quite a few boats, that must have been you guys. Next time I will cruise around to see who's there and say hellobefore I just drop anchor. We were catching trout but that was it. Konz must of had the right combination going on with what he caught.
Doogiesar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #7
CCC
Grand Slam

No drama, that was us right next to you in the 17' Wahoo, and I yelled at you when you were leaving that it was about time yall left maybe there would be some fish for us now ! Yall were tearing them up, we caught a total of around 40 after yall left on gulp.
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #8
Sailfish

very nice man :clap glad to see you get on some.
dailysaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #9
Trigger

CCC. I usually don't fsh for trout unless it is Specks but I took out some friends. I asked my buddies wife what she wanted to fish for and she said "fish, I don't care what kind, I just want to catch fish" I said I know the perfect spot then and away we went to 3MB. That day the water was so nice. I wanted to get out in the gulf but I also wanted to make sure they had a good time catch instead of fishing all afternoon if you know what I mean. I go to 3MB at night and usually use Pinfish or Trout for big reds but I don't keep the trout, strickly just for bait.
Doogiesar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #10
Cigar Minnow

whats up M. Nice. Enjoyed photos Must take me out fishing with you soon.your old friend m.james
allways ready is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in