Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1/28/20 Speckled trout....went out with a bang !

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  seejay 
#1 ·
After I got off work this afternoon, I figured that I might as well get one last speckled trout trip in before the closure Saturday. I probably won't mess with them again until November. It's been another awesome winter for me with the specks ! I've had a blast and I thanked the Good Lord for it on my way back up the river this afternoon. I may try to switch over and do a little red and striper fishing before the weather warms up. Anyhow back to today, the mullet were far and few between but I finally found a small area that had a few mullet jumping so I eased in and made a few cast. I hooked a nice red and got him boatside and reached for the net and off he came ! Dang it ! I slipped down the bank a bit and got a nice trout. I stuck my manual power pole in and went to work on them. I only caught a few undersized trout today, most of the trout I caught were good keepers. I caught my limit pretty quick, but I continued to fish until about 30 minutes before dark , just releasing the rest. The picture isn't the best ...it was nearly dark when I got back to the dock. Tight lines to ya'll !

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.