"Light 'em up!" - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

Old 10-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #1
Mingo

Default "Light 'em up!"

I have had computer issues, I apologize in advance for how long this post is and for all the pics, but each one was a great trip.. If you don't like long posts and lots of pics... jump out now! This one is an epic! If you feel like reading, grab a cigar and a little sipping whiskey, sit back and enjoy the ride!

Fall fishing has been the best I have ever seen it ...

We have had great weather and many of my repeat clients are starting to listen to me and book their trips in October, especially flyfishing clients.

Check out all of these great pictures of blue skies, calm water, the variety of fish we caught and the big smiles on the faces, that?s what I love.....

Here'sBrant Peacher with the biggest trout of his life... nice pants...hee hee...

Bob Hardin started the bull redfish season off right with this fish!

This fish took a Spro jig on my Stradic 4000 spooled with braid on a medium light rod, and took a while to land, but look at this picture!

Spanish on one of my special flies.. All day long!

This is ?lil Bear and his dad Chris Macmillan on their first saltwater trip!

We started catching Spanish around the Bob Sikes bridge within 5 minutes of leaving the dock and ended the day offshore catching big bonito.. They were blown away! His email stated stated they were "overwhelmed"with the sheer numbers of fish we caught on light tackle in a half day trip. I love putting people like this on fish.. It was so fun to watch!

This is Bill Fisher and his son Tyler, we?ve been trying to get this trip on the water for Tyler for a while. We had a great birthday trip for Tyler! We caught red snapper, kings and tons of big ladyfish.

I love this picture of a son leaning on his Dad for support.. literally....

This trip was really cool.....Jim Eanes and his family fishes with me and are some of my best repeat clients and we always have great days, but this day was really good. The fishing force is strong with young Walker, his grandson.

We managed to get him his first fish saltwater flyfishing, his first cobia, and a nice limit of snapper . What a day and a thrill for a young man!

Bill Koppen and Joe Duffy booked two days with me, the weather was rough, but we hung in there and destroyed the fish for both days. The fish were blitzing the bait balls all over the bay and managed to catch tons of fish, enough for Bill to feed the whole crew! We didn?t take any time on the water to take pics because we were in fish all day, but took a few shots at the dock.

The next day, Bill couldn?t go, but Joe jumped onboard.. The wind was even worse, but we found lots of fish.. Trout, spanish and bluefish on the grassflats.. Joe loved catching all of the different species on topwater plugs.... we took a break at Peg Leg?s for a big fat lunch of oysters and grouper and then headed back out. The wind calmed enough for us to head down to the Pensacola Pass and look for some bull reds....I really wanted Joe to get one, so I fished him to the last minute before he had to run to the airport. We were just about to give up, but we decided to smoke some cigars to celebrate two good days of fishing when a school of 500 bull reds came to the surface right where I thought they would. It?s all about being in the right place at the right time....so Light ?em Up!

Here?s a good shot of longtime local client Russ Shields on a flyfishing trip. I donated a trip to our local flyfishing club, Flyfishers of Northwest Florida, and Russ jumped all over it. The club got some money and we had a great day on the water! We caught some nice Spanish on my flies and some of Russs?s flies!

His fishing partner caught a huge spanish on light spinning tackle and a gotcha by the three mile bridge! Try the gold gotchas with a small pice of 27 lb wire...deadly!

This is my new client, Rick.. Rick spottedthe bull red pictures of local buddy Dan Green in this month?s Florida Sportsman. He googled me and booked two days, one day inshore and one day offshore.. We had a calm day inshore and a rough day offshore but crushed the fish both trips.. It was a wonderful introduction to our area and how great our fishing really is!

We fished with Capt. Eddie on his bigger boat and he put us on the fish at one of his secret spots.

Two guides for the price of one.. More attention for the clients and less work for the guides.. More fun for everybody! ..

Finally, Friday?s trip.... the same guy in the first picture of this report , Bob Hardin, came back down for another visit and another fishing trip.....the weather was perfect on Friday, beautiful sunrise, falling tide, calm water and lots of fish.. The first cast he made on the first spot was a big trout on topwater.. Trout are thick in Santa Rosa Sound right now.. I knew it was going to be a good day!

Here?s a pic of a great big bluefish and a 6 lb spanish that we caught on the grassflats... unbelievable strikes...we ended the day with a cigar and a cold drink.. once again, we lit em up!

One more pic, this is the most important one, here is my niece Grace... she has been waiting patiently for her trip with "Uncle Bobby", but I have been so busy...

I finally had one free day with perfect weather and got her and my son out on one these unbelievable fall days.... this is my favorite picture out of all of them.. Look at the smile on her face and how happy she is .. and how far she is holding the fish away from her.. she was trembling with excitement.. this is what it is all about!

OOPs.. One more... here's the future Capt. Ben Quarles last night at 3 mile bridge when we went for a sunset cruise!

He hooked his mama up!

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics.. you guys go get em and light em up!
Capt. Bob Quarles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
Snapper

Default RE: "Light 'em up!"

I definately don't mind the long articles with lots of pictures...although it makes me green with envy. Awesome job putting those smiles on your clients faces. I'm sure they will be repeat customers with successful trips like these. And now about taking your niece...

:bowdownbowdownbowdownbowdown:cl ap:bowdown:clap

Bonus points for "growing" your own replacement. I'm sure he will make a fine 'captain' pretty quick. I really enjoyed your post and pictures. Thanks...
Misn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2008, 07:28 PM   #3
White Marlin

Nice work Capt! See ya out there.

Hall

Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2008, 07:58 PM   #4
White Marlin

Very nice pictures !!!!!!!! Thanks for the report.clap:clap

Scott

18' Carolina Skiff
25.5 Grady White Sailfish W/ Twin 200 ETEC
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2008, 08:46 PM   #5
Trigger

great report.....capt. Bob :clap

Cole's Taxidermy
5962 Commerce Rd.
Milton, Fl. 32583
www.ColesTaxidermy.com
mcole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2008, 09:10 PM   #6
CCC
Grand Slam

So Yall are calling Pensacola Pass the bridge that you pay to get to pensacola beach ??????

NICE FISH ! [email protected] MAN !
Old 10-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #7
Mingo

Thanks guys, I'm glad everybody likes the pics!

CCC-- the bridge to Pensacola Beach is the Bob Sikes Bridge...Pensacola Pass is about 7 miles to the west from that bridge.. both areas hold lots of fish. but the Bob Sikes has been really good lately. The three mile bridge (from Pensacola to Gulf Breeze) at night has been really good for redfish and white trout...go get em.
Capt. Bob Quarles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2008, 12:42 AM   #8
Grouper

Man what a report! I am partial to those jumbo spanish and that picture was outstanding. Loved the pictures with your niece and wife and son. You are definitely living large Captain. This forum is blessed with you and Captain Wes and Captain Rivers putting up reports like this.
wrightackle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2008, 02:15 AM   #9
Sailfish

Bob, great report! Geez that's a good looking dude in that first pic. I bet he gets lotsof chicks!!What a nice positive fishing report...

I sure do miss fishing on my little flats boat in that first pic.:reallycrying
Brant Peacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2008, 04:31 AM   #10
Trigger

nice report. hope my next two days are as eventful. gonne hit as many areas as possible. gonna flyfish and live bait fish. your post has got me more excited then before.
flynurse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in