Who wants to go? Yaking Little Lagoon Gulf Shores - early Fri, 4 Sep - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By markbxr400

Old 09-01-2015, 09:08 PM   #1
Center Mass at 300m
Sailfish

Default Who wants to go? Yaking Little Lagoon Gulf Shores - early Fri, 4 Sep

Thinking about taking the yak out to Little Lagoon in Gulf Shores early (launching butt crack of dawn). Since they've cleaned up the inshore side of the pass at West Beach, its pretty decent to launch now. Hoping to throw topwater over the flats and see what comes up to take a look. Plans would be to stick around the general area and load up by 9 or so.

If anyone is interested, hit me up here as I check the site often and it would be good to meet new folks and enjoy the company.
Jr.
Stoker1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2015, 09:24 PM   #2
Grouper

Would like to, and fish it fairly often for trout, but have a boat load of family and friends coming over the weekend that I'll be taking bay fishing in the boat. If you go again in th after, post again and maybe we can link up.
2012 Sea Fox 220XT
markbxr400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #3
Center Mass at 300m
Sailfish

Will do brother. Been itching to get in on the top water bite and see what happens in the early morning. Have a good one with the family and stay safe. This weekend brings out a ton of boaters.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:09 AM   #4
Grouper

If you're interested in maybe a Sunday or Monday trip I would be interested. I also don't have a kayak but have been wading the inlet alot here recently. Due to work haven't been able to get out there early.
etrade92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2015, 08:25 AM   #5
Center Mass at 300m
Sailfish

etrade, I'll message you my #. My schedule for Sunday is still up in the air but would enjoy meeting you out there if we can hook up. The earlier the better as I like to be home with the family as they're waking up.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:38 PM   #6
Grouper

Stoker - sounds like you fish LL frequently. I've gotten where I launch more from Moe's Landing before daylight, head west and pick up the dock lights as I head to the first peninsula (and sandbar), then I fish between the two peninsula's (sandbars with houses on them) along the north side, starting out with topwater, then moving to Zoom Flukes (Baby Bass color) after the topwater bite stops. There is a deeper channel that parallels the north shore there that always produces a ton of trout.

Sometime when we can get out there together, I'll show you an amazing dock light. You'll see dozens of big trout slamming the surface all night long.

Good luck and have a great holiday weekend.

Mark
Stoker1 likes this.
2012 Sea Fox 220XT
Old 09-03-2015, 09:28 AM   #7
Center Mass at 300m
Sailfish

Mark, looking forward to it. Etrade92 sounds like he's down for a good time on the lagoon as well. Sure will be good to get together with you guys and learn new techniques. (always need a camera guy right?)
Best regards and same to you as well,
Jr.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:06 AM   #8
Center Mass at 300m
Sailfish

Update -

Got on the water with my neighbor just as it was turning light. Tied the yaks off and waded the backside of the pass while throwing topwater and the weed lines and drop offs. Loads of fun but the ladyfish were the aggressor.

Back on the yaks and we paddled around. My neighbor insisted on going towards the docks but I stayed out in deeper water 'trolling' a Matrix shad and keeping it in contact with the bottom.

All in all, not sure whats considered a slam but I ended up with:
2 flounder, 1 black drum, 2 lady fish on topwater, 2 lizard fish and 1 needlefish

He picked up a pinfish and a runt trout.

Looking forward to getting with some of the guys from here next time.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:43 PM   #9
Grouper

Nice. How big were the flounder and drum? We gigged flounder along the northwest shore of LL last week, all were about 16-18"

Don't know what's up with the ladyfish this year. Rarely ever caught them on our river in the past, and have caught about 50 in the past few weeks. Also caught them on the rigs in Mobile Bay today as well along the beach outside of Ft Morgan.
2012 Sea Fox 220XT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in