When do the big redfish starting showing up.. - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 08-31-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
Snapper

Default When do the big redfish starting showing up..

Could someone give me a general idea when the bull reds start showing up in the OB/P'cola area in the fall ? And are the kingfish still around then? Thanks !
how2fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
Trigger

just gotta be at the right place at the right time but the big bulls have been around for the last month and a half going in and out of the inland waters, ive seen a few cruising out at the beach and theres lots of em coming in and out of the bayous
Old 08-31-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainblack View Post
just gotta be at the right place at the right time but the big bulls have been around for the last month and a half going in and out of the inland waters, ive seen a few cruising out at the beach and theres lots of em coming in and out of the bayous
i second that, here is one caught the other day.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1564564430862&oid=128325003869210
Heller High Water is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Yea, the big boys have been here for a couple of weeks or so, but they just started hitting those live baits really hard!! They should be around for a while and really get hot in the coming weeks! Good Luck man!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
Trigger

ive been having the huge bulls hitting hand sized pinfish for a little over a month, over the last month theyve been going bananas over live menhaden. whats odd is now im switching over a little more back to artificials. partly from getting burnt out on catching the beasts and partly because right now theyre getting to the point where when you find a group slamming through a thick crowd of menhaden theyll hit just about anything that gets their attention and gold spoons are getting annihilated in the middle of the frenzy. last time i threw one of my gold spinners in the chaos it got destroyed.

im tempted to pick up one of these to try out for em(dont mean to derail the thread)
Old 09-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
Snapper

Anybody willing to offer up some general areas to look when targeting the bulls?
joe bag o donuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #7
Trigger

the last reply i just typed i thought i was typing about bull sharks lol forgot what thread i was in lol.

but the big bull reds are kind of all over the place to, but right now id look to places where the biggest ones ive seen stacked together have been right where the menhaden are in the mornings, find the menhaden and youll find the reds

theres alot of em all over the place but where i see hundreds of menhaden popping the surface is usually where ill be at, you can throw almost anything in the frenzy and get a hookup

bottom parts of texar going into the bay is real hot right now, heard NAS has been good too and ive seen a couple big suckers our on pensacola beach but havent heard much of people catching em out there but havent really asked

Last edited by captainblack; 09-01-2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: im an idiot
captainblack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2010, 05:34 PM   #8
Ruby Red Lip

I saw a kid pull in about a 36 - 40" red under the bridge on the other side of the bayou texar boat ramp last week. He was using live shrimp. I was just testing my boat at the time. Good Luck.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime as long as it is caught in season, and is of the correct variety, and isn't too small, or too big....uhhh other restrictions may apply.
fishenwishen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in