Want to take mom fishing - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 03-07-2011, 07:15 AM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Want to take mom fishing

I want to take my mom fishing but I dont really know where to go. Can anyone help me? thanks
jamie4800 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
Mingo

salt or fresh? If salt the piers are a great place to start. 3 mile , bob sikes , fort pickens , pensacola beach. Great places to watch and learn, good parking and access. Day or night, rain or shine somebody is fishing.

good luck tom
barebones1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

Thanks that is a good idea. ill try that
jamie4800 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #4
Sailfish

Call a local guide and offer cash for a trip when the guide has a day off. I got a trip for 250 bucks in Grand Isle Louisiana by doing this, and I caught 5 specks over 3 lbs that day, completed an inshore slam, and fought more big reds than I wanted to. Tip the guide, especially if he gives you a good deal. Not sure if that was what you had in mind, but you'd be surprised what you can negotiate with a little folding money. If you want this to be a do it yourself trip I would probably surf fish the gulf for sharks at night. Use a local tackle shop to get geared up with bait, terminal tackle, etc. However, if you don't have gear already I would highly recommend the guide scenario. It is not expensive to fish with a pro when you consider the costs of a fishing trip once you do your research and buy all your gear, and most guides clean fish for you, which can be a chore if you do any good. The last idea I have is try to get a trip with someone on the forum that is going. Offer to chip in for gas and help wash the boat, etc. Most of the people on here are good dudes and you would probably get a trip. I would take you on my boat, but I won't be fishing for a little while- waiting for it to get good. Pass sheepies are just around the corner, followed by brown bombers (cobia), and dock light trout all summer.
Garmin 540S GPS/Bottom Machine
Sound by Clarion and Bazooka
Coastal Night Lights Transom LED's
Minn Kota Riptide Co-Pilot/Auto Pilot GPS Enabled Remote Control Trolling Motor
mdrobe2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in