Walking, Wading, and Other Options for the Boatless - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 04-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Walking, Wading, and Other Options for the Boatless

It has been about two years since I've been down to Pensacola. Last time I spent most of my time surf fishing and lurking in various restaurants with well stocked bars. It looks like I'll be making it back in the next month or so and plan on doing a little more fishing for specks and such.

I used to come down to Pensacola yearly, but the place I used to stay with a nice pier sticking out into what I believe was Little Sabine is now off limits. Shame...I caught many trout from that pier just tossing out squid and waiting. Anyway, respecting private property rights as I do I'm wondering if you guys would be willing to fill me in on a few places that I'd be able to access by foot in order to catch some specks or even some legal reds.

I'm mainly wanting to catch a few for fun and maybe some for dinner. Hard to get speckled trout up near Nashville. Any advice on locations that are accessible for a boatless traveler?

Thanks, guys.
JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
White Marlin

Default RE: Walking, Wading, and Other Options for the Boatless

Wade out of Naval Live Oaks!! It's just back across the beach bridge into Gulf Breeze. The redfish and trout are in there pretty thick this time of the year!!! If you go by Hot Spots Bait and Tackle they will do a great job lining you out what to throw too!!! Good Luck
www.southagain.com
www.pensacolafishcharters.com
[email protected]
Inshore/Nearshore Charters
Brad King is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

If I were back in Pcola I would go directly to Naval Live Oaks and wade the flats. It used to be my twice a week spot and i have caught tons of specks there and just about everything else. Walk out to about 4 ft of water and you will find fish. Freelined croaker and mullet worked best for me. Hope this helps. Circle hooks, 2feet of 20lb flouro, and hang on.
unibober is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #4
Trigger

If there is a South Wind, try the areas on the Sound SIde in the National Seashore area between Pensacola Beach and Navarre beach anywhere all teh way to the houses on Navarre beach. There are some spots in Gulf Breeze where you can access East Bay near Bal Alex road that usualy produces well.

Hope to see you out there.

CHris
chasintales is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
Grand Slam

Quote:
Brad King (4/8/2010) Wade out of Naval Live Oaks!! It's just back across the beach bridge into Gulf Breeze. The redfish and trout are in there pretty thick this time of the year!!! If you go by Hot Spots Bait and Tackle they will do a great job lining you out what to throw too!!! Good Luck
Same deal on the west side on the sound side of Johnson's Beach. Gray's Tackle is just across the bridge. Wear surf shoes or an old pair of sneakers.

Have fun and post a report.:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

Jim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in