Wade fishing grass flats? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 07-23-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Wade fishing grass flats?

I was just curious if anybody has been doin any good on the grass flats in the morning. I havent really done it since the water has gotten warm. I was plannin on throwin some topwaters tomorrow in the am... Anybody has anything the offer it would be apprecitated.

For those of you who seem to be offended by my username, chill out, its my last name...

Mango Native Mariner!
Fuhrer48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2008, 11:17 PM   #2
Trigger

Default RE: Wade fishing grass flats?

If you are fishing at naval liveoaks i dont think much is going on, me and my dad went a few weeks ago in the morning and threw some top waters i only had two strikes and my dad had four.I think there bite is starting to slow down in the morning, about two months ago you could catch a bunch on top waters in the morning but they are not biting much any more in the a.m. we have had better luck in the afternoon using pinfish as bait.
bay slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #3
Grouper

I haven't been in a while so I am afraid that I don't have any recent info. You are going to have a high tide at daybreak so I would start fishing about an hour before sunup. There should be some action early. After that put on a gold spoon and if you are around any docks fish between them for redfish. The hot water doesn't bother them at all. If you are wading anywhere there are canals they stack up around the edges of them. Don't give up on the topwaters right away though. If you find the reds in close they will crush them any time during the day. Some guy on the forum always ends his posts with "you never know till you go". Truer words were never spoken.
wrightackle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 10:58 AM   #4
Trigger

went out this morning hit up some flats, there wasnt much of anything going on. my buddy and i had a few weak strikes on topwater. just as we were about ready to pack it in i said to him, i would be happy with a 6 inch trout or red right about now. sure enough a few casts later. there she was!!! 6 inch trout hooked just beneath the pectoral fin... the big man up stairs definetely has a sense of humor. good luck all.

For those of you who seem to be offended by my username, chill out, its my last name...

Mango Native Mariner!
Old 07-24-2008, 11:23 AM   #5
Grouper

well as they say we are in the dog days of summer, but last week and the week before there were some jacks blowing up on menhaden over in macky cove for those of youll bored as can be throwing some topwater for them might be some fun, but you have to get there early in the morning before the menhaden leave.

good luck
850-530-2686
https://www.facebook.com/birdofpreyfishingtackle
snakeman14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2008, 12:00 PM   #6
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

If you go be there an hour or so before the sun comes up until about an hour after the sun rises. The fish are still there just real picky when the water is hot.
II Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2008, 12:02 PM   #7
Trigger

Macky cove??? where is that?

Mango Native Mariner!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in