Tides - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yakmedic 5

Old 09-19-2015, 10:10 AM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Tides

Hi folks I'm still learning. I would like to know what is your favorite tide to fish on and why? Y'all have helped me a lot this past year. I'm just trying to dial everything in know. Thanks everyone.
yakmedic 5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2015, 10:47 AM   #2
Blue Marlin

My best advise is keep an open mind

there is a good bite during the beginning and end of water movement there is also a good bite during incoming and outgoing tides and slack tides

all based on location - what type bottom contour - and targeted species

Im not saying don't pay attention to the tides but I am saying take note of the tide and remember where you were weather it was a good or bad bite.

same goes for time of day and season

for instance there is a great afternoon bite in the summer in the hottest time of day.
there is also a great night bite in the winter coldest time of night.

Just get out there and make your own statements that's honestly the best advise I think I can give you.

Last edited by LIM-IT-OUT; 09-19-2015 at 10:49 AM.
LIM-IT-OUT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2015, 10:53 AM   #3
Blue Marlin

I use to think a high outgoing tide in the morning - first light was best... its good 4sure but limited your fishing will consist of maybe 3 hrs some people put all there eggs into those 3 hours and then get off the water, which is fine but learning how to adjust with time of day and tide will guarantee for a higher catch ratio

a afternoon incoming or outgoing tide / bite pays much higher dividends *** same can be said for night..... while still taking advantage of first or last light bite

Last edited by LIM-IT-OUT; 09-19-2015 at 10:59 AM.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:01 AM   #4
Blue Marlin

to help break it down dissect a moon calendar and what effect it has on the tide

I know that's a mouth full while being very veg but that's how you should think... with a open mind

for instance my last report " new spot more reds caught"
I made the decision to go fishing without looking at the tide started fishing at 330pm when I got there I realize the tide was LOW and incoming so I started off at a deeper area as in 4ft or slightly greater and then moved to 3ft and less as the tide was moving in and the sun was going down ( all grass flats , while wading ) we caught fish during the entire duration of the trip for the most part

Last edited by LIM-IT-OUT; 09-19-2015 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:20 AM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

Thanks lim I will put this to good use very soon
LIM-IT-OUT likes this.
yakmedic 5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2015, 09:19 AM   #6
Grouper

Agree with LIM-IT-OUT. Memory is your friend. For instance, if I have an early morning outgoing tide in warmer conditions, I have a couple of rigs out in Mobile Bay that have been productive every tie I'm there. If I have an afternoon incoming tide, I have a couple of areas both coming into Weeks Bay and the Magnolia River where I routinely catch fish moving in. Wintertime, bigger trout and bigger reds move into the river and hang out in the salt layers. Night time under the lights - can always catch reds on just about any bait.

Learn to find bait. Fish will follow the bait. You can watch for bait clouds rippling across the water, or birds hitting the water. Learn what the fish are eating and you can either use that as bait or simulate with an artificial. Learn to catch and use live bait, and also learn how to present artificials.

You'll figure it out. It's called fishing because the only way you ever know for sure is to get out there and try something. Keep reading the forums and go try some of the stuff you read here. Has helped me a lot.
2012 Sea Fox 220XT
markbxr400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in