Tackle Box Options - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 08-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Tackle Box Options

Switching over from mainly offshore to inshore fishing and wondering what you inshore guys are using to store your tackle. Are there any binders or anything like that to store your artificials in as well as hooks,swivels, weights, etc? I'm having trouble keeping all of my bags of gulps, bombers, whatever separated without using 100 of the Plano boxes. Y'all got any suggestions of a good tackle box/bag that can accommodate inshore tackle?
cowboyup_iii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
White Marlin

I have yet to see anything like an inshore tackle bag/binder. I just bought a big tackle box to store all my tackle with a large open area on top and a decent amount of the plano tackle dividers in the bottom.if im targeting a certain species i usually only bring a bag of my go to soft plastic lures with a few different colors of jig heads.hope this helps.
southern yakker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

Anybody else wanna share their tackle box layout???? Not asking for your favorite fishing spot or your wife's phone number here, just some ideas about setting up an inshore tackle box with a lot of artificials in bags.
cowboyup_iii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

I obsess over my tackle box...
I had about 2 small soft tackle boxes with containers, a binder and 2 hard plastic ones and I tried keeping different ones for different types of fishing (inshore, kayak, pier, surf) but I always ended up moving stuff around it drives me crazy.

So instead I went to walmart and bought a BIG spacious, empty toolbox from the hardware aisle, it just has a top tray and is plastic. It was way cheaper (maybe $20) than a real tacklebox of equal size. Then instead of buying plano boxes with dividers I just bought some cheap tupperware containers of various sizes and split up my hooks, weights, lures, etc. Lures still go in a small plano box I have but the rest of it works out.

So now I just tack my one big tackle box with me no matter what type of fishing I do and I never forget something or wish I had brought something that I didn't plus it only cost me a little over $20 for the box and containers.

I'm still looking for ways to organize it better, but I like the fact that I can re-configure it any way I want rather buy something pre-designed that I am stuck with.

-Steve
GulfSteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in