Stupid honey hole question - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 09-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Stupid honey hole question

Someone please give me your opinion of and answer to this "stupid" question: Say, hypothetically, you and your friend each have a boat and you frequently brag and tease him how much more fish you catch at your secret honey hole, the location of which you will not tell him. He gets tired of the way you tease him and sneaks out one day to find you fishing and discovers the location of your honey hole. You find out he discovered it, and are angry............ so you "contaminate" the honey hole to spite him so no one can catch fish there any more.

So is this possible that there is a way to do something to a known honey hole so no one can catch fish in it any more???
Ajerv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: Stupid honey hole question

It's been a number of years, but I found several (cardboard) cans of ajax/comet on the bottom at one of my spots which had stopped producing....
Worn Out is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
White Marlin

yea give the location to all the spearfisherman:doh

well dont worry about giving it to clay-doh he surely wouldnt put a hurting on them....

ps twas a fun poke at the divers on here...(and i dive as well)
bluffman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 12:36 PM   #4
Trigger

Hobbyhoobla:

It is rediculous and I agree with you. I post this as hypothetical, because I personally am catch and release, and want to promote and preserve as many honey holes as possible. I went out with a guide once and caught many reds and trout at this one dock, so I went back myself and continued to catch large numbers of reds at that one spot every time I went back. A year or two later, I saw the guide and told him I went back to his spot and always did well. After that, over the last year, I never caught a fish there again!
Ajerv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
Sailfish

Give the numbers to the charter captains and tell 'em to clean it off. The only problem is that they can't keep any snapper, so if it is holding snapper(like everything else) they probably wouldn't fish it.
P-cola_Native is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 12:46 PM   #6
Praedator
Grand Slam

Quote:
Ajerv (9/3/2008)Hobbyhoobla:

It is rediculous and I agree with you. I post this as hypothetical, because I personally am catch and release, and want to promote and preserve as many honey holes as possible. I went out with a guide once and caught many reds and trout at this one dock, so I went back myself and continued to catch large numbers of reds at that one spot every time I went back. A year or two later, I saw the guide and told him I went back to his spot and always did well. After that, over the last year, I never caught a fish there again!
A spot such as a dock could have simply changed etc... The bottom changed and the fish no longer had a hole. Lot's of natural things could force an inshore spot such as that to not produce fish anymore. It may have been just a coincidence that it seemed to happen after you talked to him.
Telum Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 01:05 PM   #7
Blue Marlin

My question is when you scuba dive down to and hook up toa small artificial reef spot in the gulf and drag it with your boat a 1/4 mile or so;Do the fish on the spot follow the reeflike a bunch of puppies chasing a bone tied on a string across the sand until youstop dragging it?

Mark w
markw4321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 01:10 PM   #8
White Marlin

if its not a big enuff reef to hold in place i dont hook to it....ill just anchor really good
bluffman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #9
Sailfish

Send a message via AIM to PompNewbie Send a message via Yahoo to PompNewbie

Post the GPS #'s of the "honey hole" on here and it will look like a parking lot by the weekend he will need a take a # dispenser to even get near it.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington
PompNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 03:04 PM   #10
Sailfish

I can tell you about one of mine thatrarely produces anymore.

After being seen fishing there a number of times and having some outstanding success catching Reds, certain parties to remain nameless (to avoid a pi$$ing match), have come and stripped it blind!

I have seen some of them keep overszed fish, undersized fish, take fish back to their vehicles and return to do it again, etc!

Now basically it sucks, it's a shame. Yes, I have called FWC in the past, but these type of people know when and how to avoid getting caught.

Of course, I have also gotten in their face about it, but that is another story!
SolarFlare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in