snapper and grouper in st vincent sound? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 06-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
Mingo

Default snapper and grouper in st vincent sound?

Going to stay 5 days in the st Joe/ appalachicola area in mid July. A friend tells me he has bottom numbers for spots in the sound over that way that holds snapper and grouper. Has anybody had any luck with offshore fish in this deep sound before? Apparently it is pretty deep close to the gulf in a few areas.
CountryFolksCanSurvive22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
Fowlweather_13
Mingo

There are some spots in the Mouth of St joe but they are guarded secrets if you have friends that will show you it would be great for you, there are good snapper to 10 pounds I have seen at the dock and the report was they came inside the bay.
Fowlweather_13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
Trigger

Head to St George Island and fish the holes of the end of the fishing bridge. More and more grouper there every year.
Chris Gatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #4
Mingo

Thanks for the info guys. I have a 16 ft Carolina skiff jvx and not brave enough to get more than a mile or so off the beach on a calm day so to just have a good shot at some offshore fish within the bays and the sound to me is exciting. Just got a bottom machine so I plan on doing a lot of scouting in the area while we are over there getting ready to build our beach house on the cape.
CountryFolksCanSurvive22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
Trigger

You might also want to check out east pass between St George an Dog Island. Lot of deep water and big fish there. Me and my dad have both caught 90+ pound Cobia there seen some huge Jack Crevelle. Saw a 14' hammerhead and many other sharks caught there. Plus it is a killer spot for Spanish.
Chris Gatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in