Sharkin. Please Help. - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 08-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Sharkin. Please Help.

I took my girl out to Johnsons before and caught smaller black tips and sand sharks but thats all I seem to catch out there. And she LOVED it, she is hooked. Its not "how are you doing today?" its "when are we going shark fishing again?" I know about Pickens and a few other places but Im always curious for new information and spots. Im taking her out tomorrow night and want her to have some fun with bigger sharks. A 6 footer would be nice. I need a place close to the Pensacola area or Perdido area. Im not asking for your secret spots or honey holes. I just want to show my girl a good and fun time. Thank you so much in advance.
Sunshine17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
Trigger

you paddling the baits out? if so any beach is good, except with the june grass right now its kind of hit and miss with all that crud, anywhere in the bay or icw, if youre ballooning or casting just anywhere that has a drop off close to shore i guess, i like chicken bone beach on PB, or the icw side of johnsons, when at johnsons i like to use stingray for bait for bulls, if im after bigger blacktips ill use live white trout

if youre on a boat, i envy you and you can motor around and get into em in alot of spots

but ive been hearing of some nice ones around sikes, and i was getting into 4 to 6ft blacktips at 3mb and lost a nice bull. havent been out to johnsons much lately except for once about two weeks ago and didnt get anything but a 2ft blacktip and another guy got like a 2ft baby hammer but used to have on and off good luck with some bigger blacktips and bulls there
Old 08-20-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
Grouper

thank you very much, that helped alot. and yes im paddling them out. how you u manage to land a shark on the 3mb?

Old 08-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #4
Sailfish

If your in a Boat Pensacola Pass is Good or try right off the Old CGS on Pickens Bayside 300yds out and about 100yds from the red bouy right in front of it Live pinfish work well or really anybait will work might catch a few nice reds also Hope this helps!!
Redfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
Trigger

bring rope, when you get it in close and its tired tail rope it and drag in backwards onto the beach

im without a kayak right now, had to get rid of my last one a year ago and trying to get another one in a month or two, if youre up for company one day PM me and maybe we can get up in perdido or out at chicken bone on PB, once i have a yak again again ill def be out there more, ive been going to 3mb alot lately because i have to have the right wind and current to fish the bay, pass or beach cause i have to balloon the bait out since i cant paddle it
Old 08-20-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
Grouper

alright. Thank you so much for all the information. It will help alot in my sharking expedition tonight. I really appreciate it. And captainblack I will be sure to PM you about the next time im going.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in